Programme Associate (Midwifery Programme) - G6 - South Sudanese National
Juba (South Sudan)
(This position is open to nationals of South Sudan only)
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and
Population and Development, is recruiting personnel for the following position in the South Sudan Country Office.
****Official Job Title:****Programme Associate (Midwifery) Duty Station: Juba Grade G6 Post Number: 00104833
Under the guidance and supervision of the assigned Programme Analyst, the Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The Programme Associate applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to population and development, reproductive health and gender issues. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
The Programme Associate maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the as well as administrative and operations team of the CO.
****Major Activities/Expected Results:****
- Participates in the identification and formulation of the country programme and component projects by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and work plans and prepares tables and statistical data.
- Evaluates project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- In coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, guides routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Provides logistical support to projects by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. Trains and guides project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Contributes to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Supports advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events. Establishes and maintains network of donor and public information contacts and provides assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events.
- Carry out any other duties as may be requested by the respective Programme component lead.
- Values: Integrity, commitment, embracing cultural diversity, embracing change.
- Core Competencies: Achieving results, accountability, developing professional expertise, analytical thinking, working in teams, communicating for impact.
- Required Skills:
- Strategically positioning UNFPA Programme
- Development and programme management focused on results
- Innovation and dissemination of new approaches
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
- Resources mobilization from national governments and partners/Building strategic alliances with partners
- Advocacy / Presentation of an oriented agenda
- Resources mobilization
- Post-Secondary Level training in development related field but first level university degree would be desirable.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in programme/ project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and in harmony with persons of different national background and cultures
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures, especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures will be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships.
- Fully proficiency in computer-related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Only those applicants in whom the Country Office has further interest will be responded to.
- UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
Applicants are kindly requested to apply through the link below:
https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=60194 by ****06 October 2015****. Applications received after this date will not be taken into consideration.
Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only the short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
IMPORTANT: There is NO application processing or other fee at any stage of UNFPA application processes.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Administrative support
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2015-10-06