Child Protection Co-ordinator - Inter-agency Information Management System
9 Months Fixed Term Contract (with the possibility of extension)
From £40,000 to £45000 per annum + Benefits
As our IT savvy, innovative, Child protection Co-ordinator for the Inter-agency IMSyou'll play a pivotal part in improving the information management of child protection case management systems in emergencies, ensuring timely data analysis. You will report to the Steering Committee of the Interagency CP IMS.
Save the Children, the International Rescue Committee and UNICEF have been working together since 2005 to promote the use of a standard inter-agency child protection information management system (IA CPIMS) for the child protection sector. This practical, field-level tool supports the implementation of case management systems. It is comprised of database software and accompanying tools, including template paper forms, generic information sharing and data protection protocols, and training materials. This is due to be upgraded to CPIMS+.
As Child Protection Co-ordinator you will facilitate the co-ordination of the IA CPIMS Steering Committee, supporting the implementation of the system at field-levels and overseeing the transition to CPIMS+. You will provide ongoing technical support to current and new users, and will represent the committee in various forums, expanding understanding and usage of the system. You will also:
- Play a critical role in supporting the finalisation of the CPIMS+ module, supporting field testing and piloting
- Deploy to support the start-up, customisation, and implementation of the IMS according to priorities identified by the Steering Committee
- Act as the first point of contact for system enquiries
- Manage the project budget, proposal and concept note development and submission, and work plan development
- Report to donors, providing advocacy and representation, and identifying new donors.
You will be an experienced child protection in emergencies professional with advanced IT skills, an impressive technical understanding of information management systems for case management, who has previous experience in an inter-agency role. You will have a background in training and capacity building, a master's in a relevant field of study, and strong communication skills. You will additionally have:
- Advanced aptitude in and experience with information technology
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with complex projects and competing deadlines
- A flair for identifying new opportunities and taking initiative
- Experience in budgeting and financial reporting.
Since 2005, the IA CP IMS has been used to support child protection programming in 20 countries by UNICEF, Save the Children and IRC. It is a practical, field level tool that supports effective and timely responses to individual vulnerable children. If you share our mission, and strongly believe you can contribute then join us, and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you. Due to the urgency of this role, we will review, interview and appoint on a rolling basis.
Closing Date: 7th October 2015
To apply please visit our website or click here
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: London
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Legal - International Law
- Legal - Broad
- Social studies
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Civil Society
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2015-10-07