Nutrition Cluster Co-Lead Coordinator
Juba (South Sudan)
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
working closely with the Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Ministry of Health (MoH) counterparts & the Strategic Advisory Group to provide leadership to the South Sudan Nutrition Cluster. You’ll be involved in key decision-making & help facilitate coherent, effective emergency responses to nutrition crises.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Identifying & engaging partners in South Sudan (International NGOs, national NGOs, civil society) who can effective respond to nutritional crises.
- Supporting coordination mechanisms between humanitarian nutrition partners at national & sub-national levels.
- Leading & supporting the development of Nutrition Cluster strategies, including the Consolidated Appeal & Contingency Plans.
- Identifying the cluster’s advocacy messages & reinforcing these with the appropriate stakeholders & decision makers.
- Strengthening coordination with the Food Security & Livelihoods, WASH, Health & Education clusters.
- Supporting State Nutrition Cluster Focal Points & nutrition partners in their nutrition needs.
Does this description fit you?
You have deep experience managing Nutrition emergencies
- You have a Master’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Medical Science, or related technical field.
- You have 3-5 years’ experience working in complex nutrition emergencies, conducting rapid assessments & then establishing appropriate rapid response plans.
- You are comfortable working in insecure, resource-poor settings & designing interventions within the Nutrition Cluster. You are familiar with core humanitarian principles & the transformative agenda.
- You’re technically very knowledgeable with a sound understanding of CMAM programming for severe & moderately acute malnutrition, SMART methodology, & nutrition data systems (Epi-Info, ENA, Access, Excel etc).
Your communication skills set you apart
- You pride yourself on your ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of personalities & representatives from diverse stakeholders.
- You are able to remain calm, focused & diplomatic in difficult situations. You understand that it requires patience to effectively influence colleagues, partners & other actors but that this will ultimately lead to more impactful programming.
Your work style yields results
- You pay attention to small details & enjoy link anecdotal feedback with empirical evidence. You can make complex technical issues meaningful to diverse audiences.
- You recognize the importance of following through on issues that are brought to your attention & ensure that decisions are communicated to all involved in clear, unambiguous language.
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-10-31