Contracts and Compliance Officer - Afghanistan
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a contracts and compliance officer for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Afghanistan in financial sector development. This position will be full-time and based in Afghanistan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure overall compliance with IESC policies, USAID regulations/policies, and USAID/Afghanistan Mission Orders;
- Establish standards and implement procedures to ensure that compliance mechanisms are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations (e.g. the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the OECD Anti-Corruption Initiative, etc.);
- Ensure compliance, and where necessary, help develop IESC organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls;
- Ensure due diligence that USG funds are not being diverted from their development purpose outlined in the contract or agreement and are not vulnerable to corruption, extortion or otherwise benefiting malign groups;
- Ensure all contracts/sub-awards and other procurements comply with applicable regulations, corporate policy, and good commercial practice;
- Participate in review committee to contractually evaluate the contract/sub-award proposals and to ensure USAID and FAR competition requirements are met. This includes a close coordination with program technical team members;
- Conduct regular internal audits of financial transactions, make written recommendations and implement follow-up actions;
- Help and facilitate the home office and external audits for the documents required;
- Take appropriate actions to protect against fraud, and request audit/investigations against any person involved in fraud; and
- Provide effective training where necessary.
- At least 10 years of experience working in contracts, compliance, audit, procurement, finance, management and/or law.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID/USG regulations, policies, and compliance requirements as related to international assistance programs.
- Experience working in Afghanistan.
- Relevant certification from internationally recognized compliance or auditing organization preferred, such as the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), International Standards Organization (ISO), American Society for Quality (ASQ), International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), etc.
- English fluency required; Dari and Pashto proficiency preferred.
Visit http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=122 to submit your resume and cover letter. Visit www.iesc.org to view all available opportunities with IESC.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2015-09-28