Finance and Administration Manager - Afghanistan
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a finance and administration manager for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Afghanistan in financial sector development. This position will be full-time and based in Afghanistan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and monitor the management of cash and other assets to ensure integrity and efficiency in of financial resources of AFSD’s operational needs;
- Implement and monitor sounds policies regarding liquidity and solvency under direction of DCOP (in consultation with IESC) and take the necessary steps to ensure the financial health of the program;
- Ensure deliverance of accurate and timely financial reports required by IESC;
- Establish or verify the establishment and strict implementation/updating of a sound internal control system;
- Oversee financial and accounting systems controls and standards, ensure that financial internal controls are sufficient and best practice such that cash management processes are secure, all the data is valid and that financial reporting is reliable, timely and accurate;
- Work with the DCOP to implement these policies and procedures;
- Assist the DCOP in preparing, maintaining and analyzing budgets and preparing periodic reports to monitor actual expenditures against budget estimates;
- Ensure adequate audit trails are in place for all transactions, together with the project accountant conduct weekly reconciliation and monthly reconciliation of cash and banking records;
- Conduct regular internal audits of financial transactions, make written recommendations to DCOP and implement follow-up actions;
- Advise DCOP on any budget irregularities or potential fiscal problems and act to promptly resolve these issues;
- At all times, take action to protect AFSD against fraud, and request audit or police investigations and judicial action against any person involved in criminal action against the organization;
- Coordinate VAT exemption process;
- Ensure all income & property taxes are paid properly and on time;
- Coordination with IESC HQ: promote positive linkages and communication between the project and IESC;
- Under the direction of DCOP, COP and IESC, the Finance and Admin Manager is accountable for the efficient office finances to ensure that the project is able to achieve overall goals, without smooth office finances, achieving project goals and objectives will be compromised.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or accounting or other relevant discipline required;
- Minimum of 8 years’ of relevant experience in project financial management and administration of similar financial volume;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage local national staff;
- Experience working in Afghanistan or in transitional and/or post-conflict countries highly preferred;
- English fluency required; Dari and Pashto proficiency preferred.
Visit http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=119 to submit a resume and cover letter.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-12-31