Interim Women's Protection and Empowerment Coordinator
SCOPE OF WORK
The IRC Jordan established an Economic Recovery & Development (ERD) Unit in January 2015 to look at opportunities for longer term economic resilience of vulnerable Jordanian and Syrian households, primarily in the northern part of Jordan. The ERD unit is led by the ERD Coordinator who oversees the management, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all economic related activities. The ERD Coordinator is also tasked with implementing and expanding new areas of relevant programming and partnerships including enterprise development, employment, market strengthening and agriculture development. The strong integration between IRC's ERD sector and other program sectors (health, women's protection and empowerment, and child protection) requires that the ERD Coordinator work closely with the various sector Coordinators to identify mutual interests and possibilities for collaboration.
Working closely with the economic technical advisors and the various sector coordinators within the Jordan program, the ERD Coordinator will explore the further development of partnerships with relevant market actors, local and international organizations and government offices; develop proposals and planning for program growth; and support the development of new, innovative, and market-based approaches to economic programs in line with the country Strategy Action Plan. He/she will liaise with senior management, headquarters staff and relevant advocacy and business development staff to ensure economic programming both responds to the needs of the populations IRC serves as well as existing evidence base. The Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director of Programs.
Staff Management and Support
- Directly supervise the ERD Manager, and indirectly support approximately 14 staff (reporting under the ERD Manager).
- Ensure a high quality of overall staff management, including providing support to the ERD Manager to improve his/her managerial skills.
- Identify opportunities for staff professional development with support from the ERD Technical Unit, set performance objectives and provide strong and constructive feedback based on those objectives.
- Support recruitment for the ERD team, conducting interviews and onboarding as needed.
Technical Quality & Program Strategy Development
- Provide technical and management leadership of ERD programming in Jordan and in accordance with global best practice and IRC policy.
- Lead development of program strategy in line with the Jordan Strategy Action, including expanding economic programming based on needs of target populations in Jordan.
- Assess the appropriateness of different economic programming and partnership options and activities and ensure implementation modalities best respond to the needs and context. This might include, but is not limited to expanding services to Jordanians, financial literacy, supporting home based businesses, urban agriculture, market strengthening and other activities contributing to the economic well-being and protection of vulnerable households (specifically women).
- Liaise with economic advisors within the technical unit to ensure relevant support, tools and resources and evidence are being provided.
- With support from economic advisors in the technical unit share best practices, tools and resources with other ERD coordinators across the region.
Grant Planning, Implementation & Business Development
- Responsible for the achievement of program objectives within overall grant timeline.
- Support the identification of opportunities and development of economic programming concepts and proposals in collaboration with country program senior management, business development staff and economic advisors.
- Anticipate, plan and manage programmatic and structural transitions.
- Responsible for budget development and compliance.
- Develop relevant monitoring tools and adapt them to the different program methodologies in collaboration with the M&E Manager.
- Ensure regular field monitoring and modifications as required.
- Ensure the IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements are produced in quality.
- Work closely and coordinate with IRC technical unit, logistics, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings and participation in bids opening and review.
Partner Identification & Management
- Identify and develop partnerships to support implementation of economic programs and activities - specifically local CBOs and private sector as well as relevant international organizations (identification supported by the technical unit)
- Provide relevant capacity building support to partners to support economic programming and sustainability of activities.
Coordination & Representation
- Lead internal communication around ERD programming objectives and practices as well as new economic opportunities as they arise.
- Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders, representing IRC positions, promoting long-term strategy and resolving problems/conflicts.
- Participate in and/or lead relevant in country working groups related to cash assistance & economic programing (including the Basic Needs Working Group, Food Security and Livelihoods Working Group, Winterization Task Force, and others as relevant).
- Support the development of key advocacy and communications messaging on economic programming with technical unit and advocacy team for internal and external audiences.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Bachelor degree in international relations, economics, social science or related field required. Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in economic or cash related programming, applying technical expertise in livelihoods, and economic recovery. Some protection experience preferred.
- Strong managerial experience required.
- Experience with market strengthening approaches strongly desired.
- Prior experience working in emergency settings, insecure environments, or remote-management situations preferred.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required, Arabic a distinct advantage.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFjaGFlbGcuOTExMzguMzgzMEBpcmMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t