Deputy Chief of Party – Operations
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party - Operations for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Afghanistan in financial sector development. This position will be full-time and based in Afghanistan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review field office operations workflow; propose and implement innovative procedures to facilitate ease of programming.
· Provide administrative oversight of operations and related procurements.
· Ensure compliance with applicable local laws including expatriate visas, organizational registration and local taxes.
· Provide direct supervision to the project's operations, finance, and human resources departments.
· Manage and monitor human resources required to execute project activities including long-term local staff and consultants.
· Oversee program logistics associated with work plan activities.
· Ensure main program residences and offices are habitable and promote a positive work environment.
· Ensure overall project compliance with vetting requirements, cooperative agreement provisions, and general USAID regulations and guidance.
· Oversee field office contractual agreements, including negotiating terms and execution.
· Serve as the primary liaison between the project management unit in Washington, D.C. and the field office regarding budgetary, operational, and administrative matters.
· Ensure full program compliance with IESC's operational, finance and human resources-related policies.
· Assist the contracts and compliance officer in the management and oversight of local sub-contracts including the security provider, landlords, and local vendors.
· Act as a liaison with home office the H.R. and finance teams on issues pertaining to insurance policies, timesheets, financial systems and program audits.
· Be responsible for liaising and coordinating with the home office on interactions with the USAID Mission, including contractually required approvals, waivers, etc.
· Participate in the orientation and training of new staff as required
· Assist with annual work planning, budgeting, and overall program financial management as required.
· Coordinate with the operations team on any human resources issues and complaints from the support staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, international development, or other relevant field required;
· Minimum five years of experience managing operational and administrative procedures in support of projects and programs;
· USAID or other donor experience required;
- Good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and USAID contractor requirements for administrative and operational functional areas.
- Significant work experience in the design and implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Hands on experience in finance, procurement, contracting, human resources, logistics, and administration within an international development organization.
· Experience working in Afghanistan or in transitional and/or post-conflict countries highly preferred;
· English fluency required; Dari and Pashto proficiency preferred.
Visit http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=123to submit your resume and cover letter. Visit www.iesc.org to view all available opportunities with IESC.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-11-30