INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
INTERSOS, in the framework of its activities in Yemen, is currently selecting candidates for the following position.
STARTING DATE: Availability to enter on duty with a short notice period (maximum 3 weeks)
DUTY STATION: Sana’a, Yemen
ROLE, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Officer is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial
activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective
management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures and the
Regional Finance Officer’s guidelines.
. Specifically he/she is responsible to:
· To ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors procedures;
· To manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel;
· To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing
procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the
Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
· To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms
of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
· To update monthly the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer;
· To provide support to the Head of Mission on the drafting of new projects.
· To check Bank accounts of the mission of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations;
· To check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager
and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Administrator);
· To assume responsibility for local personnel register;
· To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and
conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures.
· To be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project
Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Administrator).
· To set up, organize and manage the administrative files pertaining the mission and in loco
projects, based on criteria defined by the Protocols and any indications from the Regional
· To check that warehouse bookkeeping and related documents are d stored and filed;
· To update inventory records pertaining INTERSOS and third-parties assets and verify the
completeness of the supporting documentation;
· To provide the Regional Finance Officer with official documentation on individual projects
· To update the list of reliable suppliers, as indicated by the Head of Mission, for
subsequent use in specific procedures;
· To manage the local personnel register, subdivided by project;
· To submit to the Regional Finance Officer and the Foreign Finance Director the
accounting report and the supporting documentation.
· Advanced university degree in finance, business administration or other related field;
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international levels in protection and project management;
· Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security and financial management.
· Good communication skills in English is required;
· Computer and admin/finance skills;
· Strong representation and negotiation skills;
· Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
· Donor compliance and reporting;
· Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts.
· Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive resume, cover letter expressing interest in the position and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line: "Finance Officer_Yemen”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview