15-758: Nutrition Program Manager
15-758: Nutrition Program Manager
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of ****Nutrition Program Manager**** in South Sudan.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The overall responsibility of the Nutrition Program Manager is to supervise the implementation of International Medical Corps nutrition program including Social Behaviour Change/MCG and CMAM initiatives in the field. Guided by the Nutrition Coordinator, the Nutrition Program Manager will ensure timely execution of nutrition program activities based on assessed and verified needs. He/She will also supervise a nutrition team of national staff and community volunteers and provide support in their capacity needs assessment and strengthening. The nutritionist will contribute in developing and implementing nutrition information system to monitor the progress and incorporate lessons within the nutrition program. He/She will help organize regular review meetings to assess progress, issues and undertake steps for further improvement at field level
****ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES****
- Provide sound CMAM technical support to the nutrition staff, adhering to South Sudan IMSAM guidelines and global CMAM protocols.
- Provide synergy to the existing IYCF mother support group (MCG) and Social Behavior Change components as it relates to the realities in South Sudan
- Build the capacity of the national staff, to be able to manage nutrition program (CMAM, IYCF and care group dynamics incorporating the social aspects of Akobo community).
- Ensure efficiency and results-oriented performance in the CMAM and MCG component of the program
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan on the MCG component, infant and young child feeding, and SBC for local project staff and Ministry of Health (MOH) staff
- Document all processes and outputs of capacity building, coordination and management of activities to ensure experiences and lessons are well documented for future reference
- Coordinate with management of acute malnutrition program for referrals between components.
- Work with nutrition team on developing and conducting surveys and evaluations as needed. This could include knowledge, attitudes and practices, SMART and other surveys.
- Prepare an M&E plan for the MCG component and provide weekly and monthly progress updates to the Nutrition Coordinator. S/he will also submit quarterly, mid-term and final technical reports as may be required by the project documents and in a timely manner.
“Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.”
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
I.) Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or public health nutrition or SBC with nutrition focus and 3 + years of relevant work experience (minimum 2 years in developing country) or relevant social and 3+ years of relevant nutrition-focused work experience.
- Solid SBC and CMAM experience and care group experience preferred
II.) Skills and abilities
- Working in chronic underdeveloped settings where both acute malnutrition and stunting are significant issues of public health concern
- Knowledgeable about latest development best practices relating to nutrition such IYCF-E, ECD, acute malnutrition and CMAM and latest DSBC techniques and tools.
- Possess proven analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Ability to work in hardship conditions and in conflict-prone areas; ability to be flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication; good computer skills, strong writing skills (in English)
- Satisfactory organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Satisfactory decision making skills.**Other Relevant Information (if applicable):** PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee will be frequently required to walk, occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment in the field site office involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
The work environment in the field involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress requiring a range of safety and other precautions e.g. under threat of physical attack or mob conditions, or similar situations in which conditions cannot be controlled
How to apply: Please go to: Nutrition Program Manager and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Juba
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Health service
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-11-02