15-740: Deputy Program Director
Multiple locations (Various)
15-740: Deputy Program Director
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of ****Deputy Program Director****.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Qatar Charity is a leading Gulf-origin nongovernmental organization dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender or political beliefs. Registered in 1992, Qatar Charity has active field offices in twenty countries and works in an additional sixty countries through its like-minded partners.
International Medical Corps and Qatar Charity are recruiting a Deputy Program Director, to be based in Doha, Qatar for an anticipated Islamic Development Bank (IDB) award. The Medical Mobile Clinics for Health Care in Rural Areas of some Member Countries is a five-year intervention designed to provide medical care for rural areas in seven countries through a number of mobile clinics. The program will cover the following seven countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, India, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Yemen. The mobile clinics will offer health services as required by each rural community as determined by needs assessments in each of the targeted countries
The Deputy Program Director (DPD) will work closely with the Program Director to ensure that activity objectives are met and operations in all seven countries are implemented effectively. The DPD will oversee and manage the overall operations of the program. The DPD will assist the PD in overall management, strategy and technical guidance of the program.
****ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES****
- Provide oversight to all operational aspects of program activities
- Ensure operational activities are accomplished and meet operational standards in all seven countries
- Act as secondary program contact to IDB, taking responsibility for addressing all related program matters as identified by IDB
- Work with chief of parties to ensure timely and accurate financial and programmatic reporting
- Collaborate and manage all seven chief of parties to facilitate the planning and management of the program
- Overseeing all of its major aspects of the program (programmatic, financial, administrative, personnel)
- Ensure program objectives are met
- Collaborate with Qatar Charity and International Medical Corps’ Global Security team to support staff and beneficiary safety and effective program implementation.
Financial Management and Compliance
- Work the Program Director to ensure timely and accurate financial and programmatic reporting from all seven country programs.
- Ensure compliance with IDB, Qatar Charity, International Medical Corps, and relevant government policies and regulations.
- Support the Program Director to establish and manage HQ key staff, all seven country chief of parties, and other in country key staff.
- Support the Program Director to conduct periodic reviews of staff performance, ensure high levels of motivation and teamwork.
- Ensure program and consortium staff are effectively inducted, including ensuring familiarity and compliance with Qatar Charity’s procedures and International Medical Corps’ Code of Conduct, ethics, and values, as well as program-specific goals.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organizations, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Qatar Charity, International Medical Corps, and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
- Minimum of a Master’s level degree in public health, international health development, health program/program management, or an equivalent field
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience working in development activities in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with health service delivery issues, specific experience with operating multiple mobile medical units is preferred
- At least three (3) years’ experience as deputy chief of party or deputy program director for a health development program with similar scale and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative programs in fast paced, time-sensitive, and challenging environments
- Highly competent in building networks, have strong problem-solving skills, and possess ability to influence with effective listening, strong communication, persuasion, negotiation, and other techniques
- Knowledge of IDB (or other donor) assistance policies and reporting requirements
- Based in Doha, Qatar, with frequent travel to field sites, security permitting
How to apply: Please go to: Deputy Program Director and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Multiple locations (Various)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-11-02