Homere V4 Project Support (Temporary position based in Barcelona)
Barcelona | Madrid
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 4 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting Operations.
JOB GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT
MSF OCBA uses Homere as the main application to support HR management and administration processes in missions. This solution is used in OCBA since 2008, has been upgraded in 2012 and now the organization is preparing the upgrade towards a new version of the software.
Under the name of Homere Upgrade v4, there are included 3 groups of activities interlinked. The aim of all groups of activities is improve the quality and integrity of the data, ensure the proper "communication" between the HR and Finance systems in the Field and take out tasks without value and generating errors.
Migration to v.4 => to solve some of the current problems caused by the volume of data, deploy new functionalities - deployment under ICT support supervision (similar to FFC)
Payroll preparation => to prepare the data and parameterization for the proper connection with Unifield: Data cleaning (duplicates, errors), Payroll parameterization (according to salaries analysis), set common codification.
Automation Server updates => to automate the Homere file upload on the Homere Central Server in HQ (task currently done manually, without added value and generating errors sometimes) - Implementation under ICT supervision. (Priority for the bimonthly reporting in Operations)
In this context, the main objective of the position is to give support to the Homere V4 project.
Hierarchically, this position depends on the Field HR Applications Officer. The position is part of the Organization and Processes team, within Organization & Systems (O&S). This team is composed of the DG deputy for O&S, the Coordinator Organization & Processes (COP) Finance COP, the COP Logistics and Supply, the COP HR and Organization, the Field HR Applications Officer and the Information Management Coordinator.
- Homere documents are updated with new functionalities and procedures
- Homere release is tested and validated for OCBA use
- Functional support is given during the migration process
- Homere payroll calculation is ready to connect with Unifield (accountancy system)
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Functional test on the version on field environment and document the results
- Functional test for the HQ server implementation and automation
- Document and report the incidences or bugs detected
- Organise the pilot on the field
- Organise and execute when possible the cleaning tasks on missions’ database before migration
- Report weekly on migration (accomplishments, outstanding Homere issues, any other issues)
- Check migrated database and validate
- Update all the documentation related to the application (instructions, manuals, wiki,… and other ad-hoc materials (self-learning, training module, FT)
- Translate or supervise the translation of the documentation related to the application (French and Spanish)
- Train key users on new functionalities and changes in procedures
- Participate in the preparation and setup of the payroll calculation for Unifield with common coding
- Issue a final report on migration for each mission, report on the work in progress during the full project life, contributes to the highlight reports
- Update the management documentation of the Homere V4 Project, following PRINCE2 methodology
- Ensure the knowledge transfer in the closing stage of the project
- Contribute to the improvement of the Homere supporting procedures
Education and experience
Experience in software testing, implementation, maintenance or support to end-users
Competence in preparation of documentation and instructions/manuals for the users
Previous experience with Homere software in the field supervising and supporting users
Knowledge in sql, database management is an asset
Experience in IT support or Training users is an asset
Knowledge in HR admin and/or finance related to payroll is an asset
English and French: enough for work communication and documentation review
Expert level in Microsoft Office
· Commitment to MSF’s Principles
· Cross-cultural Awareness
· Stress Management
· Analytical Thinking
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Service Orientation
· Planning and Organising
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Based in MSF Spain Barcelona headquarters.
· Available for travelling to the field, according to the evolution to project and support needs
· Contract: determined period of 6 months
· Annual gross salary: 26,648.83 (divided in 12 monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based in MSF OCBA reward Policy
· Starting date: Mid October 2015
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “**HOMERE4**” to:
Closing date: 26th October, 2015 Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates
- Organization: MSF - Canada
- Location: Barcelona | Madrid
- Grade: Junior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2015-10-26