ERP Logistics Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 6 months
This role will lead the logistic operations in the scale back process of the Ebola Emergency Response in Guinea.. This person will be responsible for staffing structures, and management of senior logistics staff. This role will support the Response Team Leader and other members of the senior management team on the best use of Save the Children's resources, and will support strategic planning, and budgeting processes. The role will include logistics support to multi sectoral responses. As such, the role will include remote management, management of multiple field bases or direct line management of emergency responses. The post-holder will be responsible for leading lessons learned exercises from each assignment to help improve future practice.
The main responsibilities of this post will vary according to the terms of reference for each assignment. The post-holder will undertake senior deployments such as Logistics Director or Senior Emergency Logistics Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive prior NGO experience in senior logistics management, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments, particularly Ebola Emergency Response
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics operations
- Experience of developing / implementing logistics strategies, and plans, and setting up complex international supply chains to support multi sectoral programmes, and ensuring appropriate resourcing for the supply chain
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising other senior logistics staff, and providing training and capacity building
- Ability to synthesise and analyse complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking and planning, developing staffing structures, resourcing logistics plans, and budgeting
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Proficient written and spoken levels of French
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Conakry
- Grade: N/A
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2015-10-19