Director of Digital Marketing & Fundraising (219955-927)
Portland | Washington D.C
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world's toughest places - places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and Haiti - with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives.
Resource Development (RD) staff work in three main areas: 1) raising private funds and cultivating and maintaining relationships with private donors; 2) defining the agency's brand, raising our public profile and sharing stories about our work by engaging with the media, the public, and our supporters and producing a wide range of online and offline communications; and 3) teaching visitors to our Portland Action Center about issues of global poverty and engaging them in efforts to end it.
The RD team includes several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are database managers, web developers, internet marketers and public relations experts. We are writers, designers, photographers and teachers. We are fundraisers with expertise in direct response, online, community, major gift and corporate giving. We are specialists in fundraising analysis, stewardship, prospecting and customer service. Most of all, we are passionate about Mercy Corps' mission and dedicated to supporting our worldwide team that's improving the lives of 19 million people in 36 countries.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director of Digital Marketing & Fundraising leads a team of 6 people who manage all of Mercy Corps' digital channel strategies. Through the development of an integrated digital strategy, s/he oversees the management and tactical growth of the online donor base and all online revenue. S/he oversees the creation of powerful, relevant, brand-aligned digital content to forge and deepen supporter relationships, and ensures that Mercy Corps' digital presence integrates fundraising, marketing, communications and other organizational requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the Digital Marketing & Fundraising team, providing team members with direction, information and support, to help them accomplish team goals.
- Develop and oversee Mercy Corps' digital strategy, which integrates fundraising, marketing, communications, and other organizational requirements, on mercycorps.org and Mercy Corps' other external-facing digital properties.
- Develops and oversees the donor lifecycle and journey as it relates to acquisition, on-boarding, cultivation/engagement and retention from donors acquired via email or online.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional teams to ensure campaign alignment and integration, including but not limited to other fundraising channels, community fundraising initiatives, communication plans, cause marketing campaigns and advocacy engagement.
- Oversee the creation of powerful, relevant, brand-aligned digital content to forge and deepen supporter relationships.
- Develop and oversee cross-channel digital fundraising and donor engagement strategies that cultivate Mercy Corps' current supporter base and build an engaged community of new supporters via mercycorps.org and social media channels.
- Serve as product director for Mercy Corps Gifts. Oversee product development, analysis, and digital experience optimization.
- Develop annual strategic plan and budget for all digital channels, including annual revenue goals, expense projections and new donor acquisition goals.
- Analyze campaign, monthly and quarterly reports to find channel insights and help the Digital Marketing team identify optimization tactics and adjustments to strategy.
- Stay abreast of trends and upcoming opportunities within digital marketing and fundraising, and deliver marketing recommendations to relevant members of the RD team.
- Implement testing and optimization of content, user experiences and fundraising strategies across all channels to continually improve the digital donor experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
As part of Mercy Corps' agency-wide Organizational Learning Initiative, all team members are responsible for spending 5% of their work time in formal and/or non-formal professional learning activities.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Digital Content Marketing Manager, Email Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Strategist, Community Fundraising
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Sr. Director, Direct Response Marketing and Fundraising
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Direct Response Team, Digital Operations, Marcom, Development Operations, Major Gifts
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years in direct marketing or ecommerce marketing, with 4+ years of fundraising experience
- Extensive experience as a team leader and staff manager, with a focus on digital strategies
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, psychology, or relevant field
- Proven history of building digital audiences and growing revenue
- Experience building and managing budgets is required
- In depth knowledge of direct digital marketing and fundraising, CMS and CRM systems, and analytic platforms
- Experience managing relationships with outside vendors and consultants
SUCCESS FACTORS:A successful candidate approaches strategic plan development through an analytical lens and maintains a focus on continually identifying opportunities for optimization. S/he is collaborative and proactively looks for opportunities to engage with key teams within Mercy Corps. S/he has exceptional communication skills, ability to think strategically, strong work ethic. S/he maintains a robust knowledge of digital marketing best practices in both the non-profit sector and digital marketing industry, and commitment to integration of online and offline channels. She/s strives to identify new opportunities to increase online revenue and improve the overall digital donor experience. S/he is comfortable working in a high-paced environment and has a strength in time management, project management and prioritization.
LIVING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
This position is based in Portland, Oregon. Some evenings/weekends required during emergency responses; occasional travel required within the US.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dGNoYWJvdW5pLjg4OTY1LjM4MzBAbWVyY3ljb3Jwcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Portland | Washington D.C
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2015-12-30