Two (02) Regional Compliance Managers (This job will be offered on a local status)
Plan WARO, in collaboration and with the support of Plan Canada, is recruiting two (02) Compliance Managers to support West African countries in the budget development, quality control and financial oversight of its new grant opportunities and ongoing projects.
The Compliance Manager is part of a cross functional team responsible for development, design and quality implementation of complex multi-million dollar grant funded projects. The team includes specialists in Business Development, Program Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and relevant thematic areas such as Gender, Health, Education, Livelihoods, etc....
Summary of the position:
The Compliance Manager's role within this team will be to provide oversight and analysis of the financial health of assigned projects while ensuring compliance to donor requirements. The Compliance Manager will also contribute to proposal development focusing on budgeting for quality implementation and maximum cost recovery.
The position is flexibly based in the West African region, within a Plan International Office and in addition requires extended travel to Plan field offices (up to 60%).
Working closely with Canadian project team members and Plan field offices:
- Review donor and partner agreements ensuring the financial terms and conditions are compatible with Plan's systems and are favorable le to quality implementation and reporting.
- Lead the preparation and submission of project budgets, forecasts and financial reports ensuring accuracy and alignment with project activities.
- Identify areas of risk by providing regular analysis of financial health of projects against standard key performance indicators (KPls).
- Evaluate Projects Financial Risks and update Risk Registers including mitigation measures.
- Ensure all project expenditures and contracts are in compliance with terms and conditions of donor agreements by conducting regular desk audits as well as occasional in-field audits.
- Oversee donor financial audits.
- Identify ways to maximize efficiencies within and across projects.
- Provide training and ongoing support to relevant stakeholders including Canadian project team members, Plan field offices and Partners on understanding donor financial compliance, identifying risks and other best practices related to financial management.
- Participate in proposal development teams, leading the budget development with a focus on appropriate costing models, alignment with proposed activity and staffing plans as well as maximizing cost recovery.
- Ensure proposals have best in class budget presentation and budget notes, in line with donor guidelines.
- Provide quality financial analysis of proposal budget based on key parameters and indicators to inform proposal development team and senior management during design and decision making process.
- Coordinate, complete and obtain approvals for the Grants Agreement Document (GAD) or Funding Bundle Agreement Document (FAD) with the Plan field, regional and headquarter offices ensuring the agreements include accurate proposal budget numbers, donor/Plan Canada/field office requirements, mapping to field office output codes, and proposal summary
- Drawing from best practices and lessons learned, contribute to development and implementation of standardized package for quality financial management of grant funded projects including standard KPls, budget and reporting guidelines and templates, Gift In Kind treatment, procurement and asset management plans, compliance training, project start-up and closing procedures, etc.
- Desirable skills and competencies:
Profile: Professional with a Business or Finance related degree (preferably an accounting designation or MBA), fluent in English and French, demonstrating exceptional skills in building productive working relationships with colleagues and strong ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, to review/synthesize information with strong attention to detail, meet deadlines and produce high quality budgets for grant proposals
- Fluent in oral and written English; functional working knowledge of French required.
- Business or Finance related degree.
- Progressive experience in financial reporting and analysis, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements of donor government agencies such as DFATD; multilateral agencies (Global Fund, Global Sanitation Fund, UNICEF, AfDB, etc.) and charitable organizations I Foundations preferred.
- Experience leading or participating in financial audits.
- Hands on experience reviewing complex contracts and agreements.
- Coaching and mentoring skills for building project staff capacity on quality financial management.
- Previous experience working within consortiums. Experience consolidating and working within multi-partner and multi-country proposals/projects a plus.
- Superior skills in building productive working relationships with team colleagues, field offices, donors and partners.
- Understanding of project management cycle.
- Flexible approach to deal with ambiguity.
- Exceptional cross-cultural, oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet and databases. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to travel within West Africa and on rare occasions internationally.
Please forward all applications to**WARO.Recruitment@plan-international.org**no later than October 23, 2015.
Your application should comprise :
- Cover letter
- Details of 2 referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor
- Organization: Plan International
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-10-23