Technical Programme Manager-Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL)
Antioch | Ankara
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Manager will be based in Antakya overseeing FSL programs in Northern Syria (currently Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs, with possible expansion to new areas). In addition to directly managing grants in these areas, the Manager will be expected to lead on programme planning, oversight of programme implementation, recruitment and procurement. A key priority of this role is to work day to day with the National Technical Coordinator building their capacity in technical and programme management skills, with the aim of transferring this capacity to the FSL field team. The FSL Technical Programme Manager will also support partners to develop their programmes and build their capacity to respond. The Manager will contribute to programme design and strategy as well as leading on proposal development and grant reporting.
Qualifications and experience
- Master's degree in International Development Studies, Food Security related subject, or other relevant subject, or BA with equivalent field experience.
- At least 3 years of management experience in emergency, fragile state or development programmes
- Experience implementing and/or managing FSL programmes in other contexts, particularly cash and/or voucher programming
- Previous experience of managing an FSL team at national level
- Experience of remote managing programmes in complex settings
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in FSL technical skills and programme management
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Specific experience of designing and managing DFID, ECHO, OFDA and other major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience working with local implementing partners, including providing technical support and capacity building
- Language skills in Arabic
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Experience with agriculture, resilience and livelihood programming
- Experience representing organisations in national level coordination mechanisms (e.g. cluster system) and technical working groups
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'IFarhoud.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Antioch | Ankara
- Grade: Junior
- Development Cooperation
- Security and Safety
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-10-21