POE Supervisor (National position)
Houston | Washington D.C.
OPEN FOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No: VN 2015/ 12
Duty Station:IOM IAH, USA
Position Title:POE Supervisor
Classification:Employee, Grade 7, Full Time – 100%
Starting date:1 January 2016
Type of Appointment:One year with the possibility of extension* (6 months - probation period)
Organizational Location:POE Operations_IOM – IAH
Only US citizens and residents may apply.
Reporting to the IOM POE Manager, and under overall direction of the USRAP Programme Officer and USRAP Global Program Coordinator, the selected candidate will supervise all POE activities related to IOM’s USRAP strategic and daily operations, administrative/financial requirements and staff management.
- Monitor short term and long term arrival schedules to ensure adequate staffing and resources are available to provide arrival, overnight and transit assistance at the POE.
a. Hire, train, evaluate and schedule staff according to projected arrivals.
b. Maintain work schedules, leave requests and time sheets of staff and submit attendance records and payroll hours to IOM New York Personnel by the established due dates.
c. Ensure staff has operational capacity to work effectively; including requisite language capacity, security and medical clearances and background checks.
- Serve as the primary focal point with IOM New York Operations regarding escorts, flight anomalies, statistics and strategic planning for designated POE.
a. Provide assistance as needed regarding escort bookings and flights.
b. File and respond to incident reports on flight anomalies for proflights arriving and transiting relevant POE.
c. Inform IOM New York of information received through counterparts affecting USRAP arrivals; including program updates, new procedures and contact details of relevant airport/POE contacts.
d. As needed, ensure the POE provides after-hours assistance to Resettlement Agencies and IOM New York.
e. Ensure that all re-booking and ground transportation information is faxed to IOM New York in a timely manner
- Represent IOM at POE and regularly liaise with external contacts such as CBP, CDC, TSA, Airlines, Resettlement Agency representatives, designated travel agents and IOM missions.
4.Be responsible for accurate use and completion/submission of all relevant administrative and financial reports to IOM New York including:
a. Petty Cash;
b. Monthly bills related to POE operations (rent, phone etc);
c. Incoming medical bills;
d. Ground transportation requests and invoicing;
e. Staff parking records;
f. E-ticket certifications;
g. Financial statistics;
h. Hotel invoices; and
i. Meals and incidentals.
- Maintain high level of integrity and ensure that IOM staff under your supervision conduct themselves according to IOM’s standards of conduct and interact with clients and counterparts in a courteous and professional manner.
Creativity and Initiative
Leadership and Negotiation
Planning and Organizing
Desirable qualifications and experience:
Bachelor Degree and at least 7 years of experience in movement management/airline transportation. Thorough knowledge of the USRAP and IOM movement manual. Previous airline or airport experience is an advantage. Proven ability to work harmoniously in a diverse, multicultural environment. Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constrains. Ability to maintain high performance standards with attention to details. Ability to travel and represent IOM at meetings.
Knowledge of computerized airline reservation system, preferably AMADEUS. Existing knowledge of IOM movement management tools such as HIT, MiMOSA, I-Gator, RMI is a distinct advantage. Sound knowledge of geography, knowledge of global airline routings is an advantage. Computer literate: must be able to manage voluminous email traffic, use the Internet and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
Fluent English (written and oral)
Knowledge of other languages ( Burmese, Chin, Karen, Nepalese, Bhutanese, Arabic, Ki-Swahili, French, Spanish, Somali) would be an advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to Virginia Salvatore at firstname.lastname@example.org 30 October 2015 referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* The tenure of contract of staff members holding a regular contract will remain unchanged
Closing date: 30 October 2015
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Houston | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Closing Date: 2015-10-30