Regional Human Resources Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 1 Year
As a key member of the Regional Human Resources team and in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director, you will be responsible for managing the regional office HR operations and services, supporting and advising on the various HR processes and systems.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 7 years in a generalist HR management role;
- experience in a Regional role in the West and Central African context is an asset
- Master's degree in Human resources, general management or business administration or a combination of equivalent experience and skills.
- Technical skills in most if not all aspects of human resource management with a focus on Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits and HR Policies
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations and/or multi-locational settings using a collaborative approach
- Proven ability and commitment to handle challenging work load
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, concern for effectiveness and customer service orientation
- Conversant in practical Human Resource Information System and other relevant soft-wares
- Fluency in English and French
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-10-26