Community Development Manager, Guatemala
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
Community Development Manager, Guatemala
We are currently seeking a Community Development Manager for an anticipated community development project in Guatemala. The Community Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing a team that will implement a community based development process to develop and implement Community Development Plans in 200 communities in the Western Highlands.
- In coordination with the DCOP, define work plans for the achievement of objectives and deliverables ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, including local leaders and existing USAID implementing partners, to identify communities to participate in the project.
- Oversee staff that provide hands on technical support to local organizations and communities through Plan development and implementation.
- Responsible for effective monitoring and evaluation of the CBD process to ensure the project inclusivity of women, indigenous, poor, youth, and other marginalized groups.
- Oversee and establish relationships with local organizations (civil society, government, and private sector entities) in the Western Highlands and at the national level throughout the CBD process to ensure sustainability of results.
- Implement processes of participatory community needs assessment, identification, and prioritization of needs.
- Lead the initial consultation process of developing action plans, with community representatives
Ensure the inclusion of vulnerable groups in rural ethnic communities (women and youth) and the incorporation of approach and appropriate methodologies for these groups.
Ensure that the Community Development team complies fully with the assigned functions, support the objectives of CLD and follow corporate policies and guidelines established by ACDI/VOCA, all within the framework of USAID regulations and existing labor laws.
- University degree in a relevant social science, economics, international development, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in community-based development, community-led development approaches; governance, collaboration with local organizations, indigenous groups, and/or vulnerable populations, participatory planning and budget allocation, and community improvement project implementation and service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead community-based development processes to develop and implement community development plans in rural (especially indigenous) communities.
- Experience managing staff providing hands-on technical support to communities through plan development and implementation.
- Experience in effective monitoring and evaluation of community-based development processes, including activities to ensure inclusivity of women, indigenous, poor, youth, and other marginalized groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in Guatemala is a strong advantage; in particular, experience working with indigenous communities in the Western Highlands and community-led organizations.
- Fluency in Spanish and advanced professional proficiency in English are required.
- Ability to travel within the Western Highlands is required.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E55464361D43515B7E59192F77501E6B02627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Social studies
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Civil Society
- Closing Date: 2015-11-13