15-952: Program Officer - MHPSS
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
The MHPSS Program Officer is responsible for identification, technical, programmatic and financial monitoring, and successful follow up of implementation of the program activities. S/he will work closely with respective staff within International Medical Corps Operations Department and other programs/departments to ensure the identification and cost- effective, timely and result based documentation, follow up and implementation of MHPSS program activities.
This position will report to the MHPSS Country Program Coordinator based in Monrovia, Liberia
The MHPSS Program Officer will provide support for international and national staff and works towards better documentation of MH and PSS programming through a range of responsibilities as outlined in this scope of work. Responsibilities include:
Program planning and organisation:
1) Develop a planning matrix for activity implementation as outlined in project proposals and input from various field teams.
2) Prepare meetings, workshops, and trainings and follow up on the successful implementation of program related events.
3) Compile and develop ‘Activity Toolkit’ required for the implementation of program activities including attendance sheets, evaluation forms, agenda, pre posttest, checklist, etc.
4) Provide orientation to key MHPSS staff members so in their turn they could orient newly recruited staff on program tools and activities.
5) Ensure all relevant M&E paper work is prepared for the implementation of activities and forms are collected and well documented.
6) Follow up on the implementation of activities and report challenges to the MHPSS coordinator.
7) Make sure that all field staff are getting sufficient support and that they understand and therefore are compliant with IMC’s policies and manuals (PSEA, Code of Conduct, Fraud Policy, etc.).
Finance and Budgets:
1) Provide financial updates on regular basis [bi-weekly and monthly] regarding budget planning, actual spending to the MHPSS Coordinator.
2) Submit budget projections to finance upon review and approval of the MHPSS Coordinator.
3) Keep track of budget spending and submit cash requests on bi-weekly basis.
4) Highlight an issue related to budget planning, spending as well as financial reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator in timely manner.
Procurement and logistics:
1) Develop a procurement plan based on the needs of program activities in line with activity planning matrix and upon coordination with field staff and other program officer(s);
2) Follow up on PRs and procurement procedures with field staff and relevant IMC departments e.g. procurement, logistics, finance, etc.
3) Follow up on the planning and submission of transport plans in timely manner.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
1) Maintain an efficient office filing management system related to monitoring, evaluation and reporting on MHPSS activities as well as programs.
2) Compiling results analysis and other statistical tasks if required for reporting or MH studies or research.
3) Compile weekly and monthly reports and submit for review by the MHPSS coordinator.
4) Prepare a quarterly M&E plan involving MHPSS field staff and M&E manager to measure the impact of program implementation on local communities, families, health facilities, MH clinicians, Social workers, staff, etc.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1) Masters degree in International Relations or related field and one year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Ability to travel on short notice to project sites by car, boat or air.
3) A good command of verbal and written English Experience working in and an understanding of the nonprofit sector and/or an association setting preferred;
4) Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills;
5) Strong organizational, able to exercise sound judgment and proactive problem-solver;
6) Autonomous, creative with ability to work with limited resources;
7) Good understanding of the project cycle and team work;
8) Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure high quality work;
9) Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in utilization of databases, Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status.
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Monrovia (Liberia)
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2015-11-13