PHARMACIST MANAGER - DRC
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 06 months
This is a new position in save the children DRC.
The Pharmacist Manager will oversee the pharmaceutical and medical supplies orders, storage and distribution/management at health facility level in Goma and field. The pharmacist will manage day to day 1600 M3 medical supplies store including reception and delivery from Goma store to field medical store.
Qualifications and experience
- Registered pharmacist with at least 5 years' international experience.
- Experience in medical logistic in humanitarian settings
- Experiences in humanitarian sector in primary or secondary health care service
- Knowledge of the good practices of storage and distribution in addition to rational use of medicines
- Strong understanding of infection control risks.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to motivate and support team in stressful situations.
- Able to work in stressful situation and long workings days
- Good capacity of adaptation
- Excellent fluency in French
- Good speaking English including pharmaceutical terminology.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Kinshasa
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-10-27