Chief of Party Mali - Civil Society Project
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated USAID project in Mali, focused on civic engagement and strengthening civil society advocacy. The program will be nationwide and is anticipated to start in early 2016.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall program management, including providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring adequate communications with USAID, and identifying and mitigating program risks. The COP will successfully:
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan;
- Guide a team that includes a range of technical experts, administrative staff, and consultants to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives;
- Work directly with local and national government entities to fulfill project objectives;
- Translate project goals and objectives into implementation strategies and plans;
- Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles;
- Build partnerships among national- and community-level stakeholders;
- Maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders;
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities;
- Direct the planning and budgeting processes and report against the project’s targets; and
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement.
- Travel throughout multiple regions of Mali as needed.
- A minimum of ten years of international experience in leading democratic development projects of similar complexity, preferably in the field of citizen mobilization and civil society advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability for effective activity management, personnel management, and the capacity to develop solid working relationships with senior government officials as well as ability to orchestrate the implementation of politically sensitive measures.
- A thorough understanding of the issues surrounding the development of civil society programs preferably in francophone West Africa.
- The candidate must hold an advanced university degree preferably at the master’s level in political science, management, international development, law, public administration, public policy, or related fields.
- Ability to fully and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, in French and English, is required. Must be fluent in English and French (minimum Level III), Level IV preferred.
All interested parties should submit an updated resume with three professional references (email and phone contact info) to https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/1798/mali-civil-society-cop/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=718&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Bamako
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Civil Society
- Closing Date: 2015-12-30