Regional Supply Chain Director
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Strong Supply Chain support is a key to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and support functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Regional Supply Chain Director (RSCD), in close collaboration with regional leadership, country leadership, program teams, country supply chain operations and Global Supply Chain based in NY, will focus on developing and supporting a high standard of Supply Chain excellence to maximize program support, efficiency, and results.
The RSCD supports Global Supply Chain, and the country programs within a region in ensuring cost-effective, fast, flexible, reliable and quality program delivery by improving the integration, management and planning of country supply chain operations. This role is also critical in assessing supply chain personnel skills and developing capacity building plans.
- Work closely with the regional and country program teams to develop Supply Chain strategies that prioritize initiatives to improve operational capabilities and effectiveness
- Be the expert on market dynamics and the supply base by country and for the region as a whole and ensure supply plan strategies are in place, tailored and optimized
- Ensure that supply chain operations have supplier development strategies and provide guidance to supply chain teams on effective development techniques
- In partnership with IRC Legal, ensure that contracting practices within a country are as effective as possible, ensure supply is assured from quality suppliers and risk to IRC is mitigated
- Develop effective partnerships with global, regional and country stakeholders to plan for future requirements and develop proactive supply chain strategies
- Ensure supply chain goods flow account for speed, cost and reliability and take advantage of favorable customs schemes
- Identify regional and country Supply Chain strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) though market analysis, operational assessments, regional procurement and contracting capacity and develop action plans in partnership with GSC, regional and country staff accordingly
- Work with country office teams to develop integrated supply chains and assist supply chain teams in developing/improving linkages between their department and programs.
- In consultation with GSC Global Operations Director and country teams, develop a core set of metrics to measure and assess Supply Chain efficiency and success in the country programs
- Review organization Supply Chain structures and staffing levels to ensure effective and cost-efficient support to programs.
- Act as "first line" advisory resource for country Supply Chain staff.
- Identify team capacity building opportunities and promote training and other development activities for national staff
- Assess regional needs and advocate that sufficient resources are invested for program success
- Verify that country office Supply Chain policies are appropriate, documented, disseminated and required monitoring processes are effective.
- Lead implementation and delivery of global and regional initiatives
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Advanced Degree, minimum 10 years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a regional manager or director or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics, within a region or global environment required
- Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property and asset management
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Excellent training and coaching ability
- Fluency in English required
Fluency in French required
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci41NTg4MC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Kinshasa
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2015-12-13