Programme Associate – Arab Women’s Enterprise Fund (AWEF), Jordan
Objective of the Programme
The Arab Women’s Enterprise Fund (AWEF) is a £10mn programme which aims to address barriers to women’s economic inclusion in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. AWEF aims to increase economic opportunities and benefits for 150,000 poor women in the region and support women’s economic empowerment through a market development approach. The programme will be implemented over five years (2015-2020) in Palestine, Jordan and Egypt. AWEF is funded by DFID in partnership with the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) who will provide a further £10mn of support to the programme.
Scope of Work
The Programme Associate based in the Jordan project office will be responsible for providing administrative assistance in general project implementation and management, and day-to-day liaison with AWEF country teams. He/She will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Country Directors and the Technical team. There is scope for the Programme Associate to contribute to research and analysis and other implementation related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Programme Associate is responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Manage all meeting logistics, including arranging necessary venues; distributing agenda’s and papers and preparing and disseminating minutes.
- Support the team in organising and managing events such as workshops, roundtables etc.
- Provide note / minute taking support to team meetings, workshops, and roundtables including writing up notes for the project team after these events
- Responsible for providing general financial and administrative support to the programme.
- Arrange travel logistics for the programme team and visitors, including ordering car services, flight bookings, visa applications and hotel booking ensuring best value for money for the project team.
- Liaise with EFE office manager on all logistical and administrative issues that relate to overall office management.
- Assist the Technical Team in preparing evaluation reports, annual project reports, and updating projects files.
- Collect and analyse data, prepare and update briefs, records and other documents on project implementation as necessary.
- Liaise with project counterparts on day-to-day implementation of project activities.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in updating and managing the country workplan and budget.
- Ensure office marketing and correspondence materials and fully stocked and carry out stock control of the office equipment.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Country Director.
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development by proactively identifying and participating in formal/informal learning opportunities
Qualifications and experience
RequirementEssential Desirable Qualifications*** Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field**Knowledge and Experience*** 2 to 3 years of experience working as secretary or administration assistant
- Experience of coordinating logistics of project events
- Experience in preparing letters and documentation for project teams
- A good understanding of institutional administration processes advantageous
- Knowledge of stock control processes * Prior experience in International Organisations preferred
- Familiarity working with DFID preferred
- Knowledge of visa and local government, and other country local processes Skills * Strong organisation, planning, scheduling, coordinating and diary management skills
- Ability to carry out basic research skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Internet) is essential
- Language skills: Arabic and English – fluent spoken, written and reading
Position location: Jordan project office
Project duration: 5 years
Deadline for applications: 25/10/15