Planning Specialist, P-3, Vaccine Centre
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general guidance of the Contracts manager in the Planning unit, responsible for the planning, development and implementation of procurement including data management and analysis worldwide market research and long-range forecasting, in order to achieve the most cost-effective means of procurement.
Key Expected Results
- Oversee the Annual Vaccine Forecast Exercise; ensure full participation by countries and review by SD and partners; issuance of provisional plans (budgets).
- Update and maintain databases related to procurement and forecasts for immunization commodities; manage data requests internal and external of the organization relating to immunization supply; identify areas for analysis and opportunities - in conjunction with partners/ other divisions.
- Performs market intelligence gathering and conducts written analyses in order to establish perspectives of future market conditions, potential funding and forecasting needs
- Monitors the Center's performance via the established Key Performance Indicators and supports in root cause analysis and identification of corrective actions
- Ensures all procurement activities are in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, SD Manual, and all other applicable procurement procedures.
- Support Country programs, Program Division and Regional Offices in Vaccine Security, forecasting and the procurement of Immunization supplies through preparation or participation in workshops, field visits and partnership meetings.
- Performs as a liaison in communicating with other Centres regarding implementation of procurement cycle.
- Establishes work plans and priorities, monitors achievements and evaluates performance of support staff.
- Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor.
Impact of Results
- The quality of the Annual Vaccine Forecast has a huge impact on doses allocation to supplier
- The quality of the data related to immunization directly impact on the decision making process
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University degree in statistics, business administration, international commerce, health economics, planning development or other directly related technical field of study.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible relevant experience including at least three at the international level, preferably in the field of vaccine and/or pharmaceuticals procurement including at least three at the international level.
- Experience in complex data analysis and management for policy and strategy development. Experience in commercial activities with the public or private sector in developing and industrialized countries.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second UN language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Adjusts team or department's approach to embrace changing circumstances.
- Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
- Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department.
*For external applicants, please access UNICEF Employment at http://www.unicef.org/ - Scroll down and Click on: "For Job Seekers" > "Opportunities Around the world" and search. If you wish to apply, please register to the employment website and create a profile.
Planning Specialist, P-3, Post # 18753 in the Vaccine Centre (E-VN-2015-002700)
Applications should be submitted before close of business on Tuesday 27 October 2015.
If you need any guidance on how to apply or create a profile please see below links:
If you wish to apply for this position, it is advisable that you do not wait until the last minute to do so, in case you encounter any technical problems using the e-recruitment system. In case of any technical problems please contact the eRecruitment team at: eRecruitment@unicef.org.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Closing Date: 2015-10-27