Project Administation Officer, Promoting Inclusive Markets in Somalia (PIMS), Kenya
Objective of the Programme:
Promoting Inclusive Markets in Somalia (PIMS) is a DFID funded project in Somalia, implemented by Development Alternatives Inc. with an overall Project Objective of the Promoting Inclusive Markets in Somalia, encourage the growth of the private sector, job creation and, as a result, reduce poverty in Somalia. PIMS will work through the private sector to support the functioning of markets in key sectors, through addressing failures in terms of small-scale productive infrastructure, market information, co-ordination failures, and access to finance.
Scope of Work:
The Project Administration Officer will manage the office operations of the DAI PIMS project at the Nairobi Office. S/he will ensure that the outlined Operations policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the assigned area. The succesful will also be responsible for providing complete and accurate reports and guidance to all the office administrative issues. They will provide support to the Operations and Finance Manager as necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with the Nairobi Office, field and partner staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth and orderly running of the office through overseeing the maintenance, cleaning and provision of other support services like standby generator, water borehole, electrical networks, fire alarm system and safety equipment;
- Coordinate with field-based Operations/Administrative staff of PIMS to ensure that all project operations and travel in and out of Somalia are efficiently handled;
- Ensure timely, accurate and efficient booking of flights for DAI staff, partners and STTAs upon relevant approvals;
- Maintain staff and STTA travel plans and ensuring that they are well coordinated with the service providers;
- Maintain leave tracker for all program staff;
- Maintain travel plan/ tracker for all staff and STTAs and ensure their movements and accommodation are well coordinated;
- Follow up with service providers to ensure that they provide high quality services, accurately and timely bill for the services and provide relevant documentation for this;
- Ensure the work environment is safe for staff and visitors by ensuring that fire extinguishers and first aid kits are strategically placed within the office and are functional;
- Assist with recruitment, advertisements, download CVs and documents for site supervisors, trainers and others;
- Assist with Administration related activities- accommodations, flights management, visa for staff and visitors, shipment, preparing of official correspondences when called upon;
- Ensure that the office vehicle management is efficient and directly supervise the driver;
- Assist and coordinate event managements in Nairobi and Somalia;
- Coordinate the procurement process for goods and services and lead in the process of competitive sourcing as per the DAI’s policies and procedures;
- Manage the taxi expenses and ensure that procurement of taxi services is within the organizational policies and procedures;
- Ensure that periodical office bills are received on time, analysed accurately and presented to the finance team for settlement;
- Monitor the quality of service through regular reviews to ensure maintenance of high quality and standards;
- Any other duties that are not specifically stated above but will necessary come within the framework of the position as shall be assigned from time to time by the Operations and Finance Manager and/or the Team Leader.
- A degree in Business Administration or Higher National Diploma in Administration and/or facilities management;
- A minimum of at least 5 years progressive experience in office management and operations in international organisations;
- Fluency in spoken English and advanced English writing skills;
- High level proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point) is essential;
- Prior work in and understanding of the Somalia working environment is required.
- Directly reporting to the Operations and Finance Manager.
Project Location:Nairobi project office with travel to Somalia
Position Start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline:31st October 2015
- Organization: DAI - interational development company
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2015-10-31