Assistant national technical manager
Chemonics seeks an assistant national technical manager (ANTM) for USAID's ongoing Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) project. The ANTM will work under the supervision of the national technical manager and help gather relevant information, conduct integrated food security analyses using FEWS NET methods and tools, prepare FEWS NET reports and other products, and ensure timely delivery. The ANTM will support all FEWS NET activities by collaborating with FEWS NET experts and partners at the national and regional levels, as well as with home-office staff in Washington, D.C. Where appropriate, the ANTM will support remote monitoring in selected countries. This position will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar. We are looking for people who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Monitor food security, early warning analysis, and response planning
- Communicate analyses to partners and decision-makers via high-quality reports and briefings
- Develop networks and strengthen capacity
- Travel extensively within Madagascar; some international travel in sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, and the United States may also be required
- Advanced degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography; a bachelor's degree may be acceptable for candidates with more than 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, and other related fields
- Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in French; good spoken and written communication skills in English
Send electronic submissions to FEWSNETMadagascarANTM@gmail.com by October 21, 2015. Please include "Assistant national technical manager- FEWS NET" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification formand submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.comwith only "assistant national technical manager - FEWS NET" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Organization: Chemonics
- Location: Antananarivo
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Disaster Management
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-10-21