Internal Auditor P3
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Internal Auditor at P3 level, which will be based in the Office of Internal Audit at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The selected candidate will be required to travel frequently outside of Italy to work in the organization’s country offices.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Director of Internal Audits the Internal Auditor, P3 will be responsible for the following key duties:
· Efficiently plan and undertake audit assignments in multi-disciplinary audit teams in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards.
· Contribute to the preparation and implementation of risk-based audit plans and programmes.
· Draft audit observations, seek feedback from the business units to ensure completeness and adequacy of supporting documentation and all statements made in the audit report.
· Formulate recommended actions required from the business units to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
· Prepare accurate working papers for review by the team leader.
· Where required, conduct audit assignments as a team leader under the overall supervision of a senior Internal Auditor.
· Contribute to the evaluation of risk management and internal control systems of WFP offices, and further analysis as assigned by the supervisor.
· Proactively follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and make initial evaluation of responses and actions taken by managers of the audited offices.
· Support the development and update of Audit policies and procedures.
· Promote knowledge sharing with the office and provide on-the-job training to other staff.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
Advanced University degree in Audit, Business and Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field, or First University degree with additional professional experience. Completed certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Chartered Accountant (CCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent is required (or proven internal audit experience).
At least five years of relevant progressively responsible experience in contributing and/or undertaking audits in various organizations that use modern auditing techniques including auditing automated financial and management information systems and management and operational areas.
· General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures is considered a plus.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
· Knowledge of auditing standards, methodologies and practices including applicable financial rules and procedures.
· Demonstrated practical use of auditing techniques including familiarity with electronic sources and databases.
· Knowledge of how to collect information, systemize, analyse and draw conclusions.
· Business acumen.
· Strong analytical and time management skills.
· Solid oral and written communication skills.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
Terms and Conditions
Our staff is required to undertake frequent travel to our Field Operations, which are located in over 70 countries in the world, mainly in developing countries. Travel requirements are on average 30% of the time. Each trip lasts on average three weeks.
Selected candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
REF : 15-0018372
Fighting Hunger Worldwide
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 09 November 2015
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Internal audit and inspection
- Closing Date: 2015-11-09