15-061: Technical Advisor, New Business Development
Los Angeles (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
The Technical Advisor, New Business is responsible for collecting and analyzing intelligence related to upcoming solicitations and new business opportunities, leading in-country technical proposal design, serving as a lead or supporting proposal subject matter expert, may serve as a lead or supporting technical writer, leading proposal solution design sessions with other technical, new business and country staff.
- Serve as capture manager for upcoming new business opportunities. This includes the following tasks (30%):
• Lead in-country capture activities, including identifying competitors, local partners, meeting with donors and country staff to map out winning strategy
• Maintain a capture plan which provides the input/solutions on competitors, partners and win themes.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with partners, and potential key personnel.
• With the country team, participate in and/or lead the development of the winning consortium based on intelligence gathered and donor expectations.
• Meet with donors, competitors, potential local partners, and other stakeholders with potential knowledge related to the relevant solicitation. Draft and circulate summary notes on intelligence gathered to internal stakeholders
• Securing partners and negotiating Pre-Teaming Agreements
- Serve as technical lead or contributing subject matter expert on anticipated and live solicitations.
• Analyzing solicitations and outline response.
• Draft results framework/logframe and other technical design components for review/input by country team and other technical staff.
• As the technical lead, draft the technical solution with input from country team for review/input by other relevant technical and operations staff for write-up by proposal writer.
• Support compliance by working with assigned Team Manager/ Officer to map all technical requirements into the appropriate proposal sections.
• Reviewing proposal content and providing feedback to writers.
• Conceptualizing technical illustrations for the proposal narrative.
• Assisting in developing basis of cost estimates for pricing.
• Participating in all reviews of technical proposal section, BAFO responses and oral presentations as requested by the donor.
- Serve as lead or contributing technical writer as needed:
• Working with other technical experts, develop technical solutions.
• Providing drafts and integrating write-ups into a complete and compliant section ready for submission.
• Gathering relevant background information.
• Writing accurate, responsive, compliant, and compelling text: (Technical Approach, Results Framework, Personnel Write-Ups, Management Plan, Branding & Marking Plan, Environmental Compliance, Security Plan).
• Incorporating win themes, theme statements, and highlights.
• Conceptualizing and revising graphics and tables for assigned sections.
• Lead proposal solution design sessions. Qualifications:
- MPH or Masters in International development with a focus on one or more of the core sectors of IMC required (Nutrition, Food security, Livelihoods, MNCH)
- Demonstrated experience preparing and leading USG solicitations; experience with CIDA and AusAID a plus.
- 4-8 years’ experience in a technical sector focused on new business related functions in government contracting with demonstrable success.
- Must be able to articulate the specific functions that they fulfilled on winning bids and proposals
- Demonstrated success obtaining new business from governments clients, particularly USAID.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience communicating and networking with clients and key partners
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Los Angeles (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-11-19