HR Intern (Recruitment), UNICEF
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
HR Intern (Recruitment), UNICEF
New York, NY
UNICEF is the world's leading children's rights organization. Over the last six decades, UNICEF has cultivated policy positions on a wide range of issues that affect children. UNICEF works in partnership with national governments and community groups and cooperates with other United Nations organizations in determining children’s needs and developing programs to fulfill them. UNICEF works on the ground in more than 150 developing and transitional countries to help children survive and thrive.
The Intern will support the Human Resources Manager managing the recruitment portfolio in Global Shared Services Centre Project. S/He will learn how the business process of recruitment campaigns including branding, outreaching, shortlisting, assessment and evaluations and other related activities. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about various UNICEF programmes, and how it operates globally.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Manager, the intern will be responsible for supporting projects as outlined in the areas above. The intern will also perform ad hoc functions to support other parts of the team as required.
The intern will undertake the following main tasks:
Assist the GSSC team with the administrative and logistical support as required such as:
- Conduct outreach initiative and collect recruitment data for GSSC posts when required
- Provide support in maintaining the record of mission staff; provide data/ analysis as needed.
- Support the HR Manager in the implementation and execution of recruitment and placement, shortlisting, drafting of Vacancy announcements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
The incumbent should:
- Be enrolled in a programme at the Masters level, preferably in Human Resources, Education, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations/Affairs, Business Administration, etc.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of one other UN working language an advantage.
- Previous experience in HR/Recruitment preferred.
- Technical – Very good analytical skills and ability to synthesize concepts and material into clear and concise thoughts (see also communication below)
- Technical - Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent understanding of and knowledge of software including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Managing resources - Organizes and manages information to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
- Communication - Effectively presents thoughts and ideas including complex technical concepts, in a clear, concise, and readily understood manner, both verbally and in writing. Listens to and acknowledges others' perspectives and views.
- Flexibility - Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently
*Please note that this internship is unpaid. Candidates who can commit 35-40 hours a week will be given strongest consideration.
Interested candidates should send CV, cover letter, and p-11 form (attached below) email@example.com by October 30, 2015.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2015-11-13