Deputy Regional Director of Operations
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organization that fights against world hunger. For the last 35 years, it has founded its identity upon the humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, and transparency. Its mission is to save lives and eliminate hunger by prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, in particular during and after emergency situations tied to conflicts and natural disasters. Action Against Hunger coordinates its programs around four primary domains: nutrition, health and health care practices – security of food and livelihoods – water, sanitation and hygiene – advocacy and awareness. In 2012, Action Against Hunger came to the aid of 7.3 million people in more than 45 countries all over the world. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Description:Under the supervision of the Regional Director of Operations in the Asia Department with respect for the guiding documents of Action Against Hunger, the deputy will have the responsibility of directing department staff to give support and counsel to staff on the ground, and to maintain continuous control over the quality of the programs. More specifically, he or she will be in charge of:
- The hierarchical management of a multidisciplinary staff of 6 people.
- Monitoring current programs, implementing program management tools, and monitoring the implementation of recommendations.
- Maintaining the alignmentbetween country strategy and the orientation of the programs.
- Analyzing and validating a logical framework,and assuring the coherence of the logical framework, private-public partnerships and the budget, by coordinating the activities of the Asian Department, the Department of Financial Operations, and the Department of National Human Resources.
- Managing Department priorities in order to maximize operations support.
- Aiding financial research missions (partnerships and calls to projects)
- Ensuring the briefing and debriefing of expatriates.
Candidate sought:Degree-holder of a French Master 2 in general or technical studies, or an equivalent (such as a B.A. or B.S. in the United States), at least 5 years of professional experience, of which at least 2 were spent working at a humanitarian organization to coordinate activities related to the areas of interest of Action Against Hunger (Nutrition, Health, Food Security, Water, Sanitation, or functional support). Team management experience is absolutely necessary. Similarly, grant-writing experience in French and in English as well as knowledge of acquiring other means of financial support from donors and financial institutions is necessary.
Position: approximately 10 months – no fixed-term (maternity leave replacement) – Full Time
Salary: 39,000€ to 45,000€ gross annual earnings for 13 months, 19 days of compensatory work leave, 8€ restaurant vouchers (sponsored at 60% by AAH), obligatory health insurance (sponsored at 80% by AAH), public transport reimbursed at 50%.
Start date:The start of December 2015
Additional conditions and specifications: Work on computer screens, prolonged sitting, travel required.
To apply, follow the link on our website:
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Paris
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-11-21