Dnipropetrovsk | Kiev
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 6 Months
Location: Government Control Area Dnipropetrovsk and Zaporizhzhya (with travels to other GCA and NGCA locations)
The Program Manager will work with the respective team to oversee programme implementation and support the management of the teams. They will be responsible for all project cycle management - involved primarily in programme implementation, but also ensuring programme reporting and participating in programme planning and design with support from the relevant Technical Advisors. The PM will support colleagues in ensuring that project activity design and delivery are consistent with Save the Children programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable beneficiaries to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
Qualifications and experience
- Significant management experience working in an emergency response context or fragile states
- Education to Masters level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children's mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support to beneficiaries.
- Multi-site management experience
- UN agency, ECHO, and/or DFID programme management experience
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Media trained
- Fluent in Russian
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'SRehman.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Dnipropetrovsk | Kiev
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-11-03