Deputy Regional Director, East and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO)
The Deputy Regional Director post is located in East and Southern Africa Regional Office and reports directly to the Regional Director. The post supports the Director in terms of the day-to-day leadership, programming and representation of the Office. The Region includes Regional and Country Office structures. The Deputy provides leadership and guidance to the regional team of technical and programme staff and provides leadership to the RO in the absence of the Regional Director.
- Advanced university degree (MA or MS) in one of the Social Sciences, including Public Health, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, Economics, International Development, Public Administration, Management or a related field.
- 15 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public administration and international development of which 10 years should be in the field of population and development at the international level, preferably with the UN:
- Strong track record of leadership in development programmes;
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of technical and programme specialists to achieve demonstrable results;
- Extensive network within the development community;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Field experience is essential.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.