Head of Finance Projects
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 2 years
The role provides an additional resource to deliver against the growing number of important strategic and operational projects that SCI international Programmes and the SCI Finance Leadership Team are embarking on.
The post-holder will work for Regional Finance Director and collaborate closely with the regional finance team and project management peers in the SCI centre departments, SC members and SCI country offices and have a key accountability for identifying, designing and driving the implementation of process improvements including the implementation of new accounting modules, leading on establishing new internal processes. The nature of these projects is often complex and with wide-ranging impact and implications, therefore an approach to simplify where possible is key.
Examples of projects will range from strategic finance initiatives that simplify policies, processes and systems to specific operational finance improvements. Projects will not be limited to strictly to the domain of finance and will involve other systems that have control, compliance and reporting implications.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Accounting, commence or business administration degree from a leading university, and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA).
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems like SUN systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc
- At least five years of country office financial management experience in complex organization.
- Experienced in preparing both financial and management accounts, including for overseas offices (knowledge of working of charitable organisations is preferred, with IFRS knowledge important).
- Post qualification experience with financial processes, ideally within an international context
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards.
- Ability to synthesize information and propose solutions; to work independently and judge when to ask for advice or inputs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail; planning, management and coordination skills.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
- Personal circumstances and commitment to travel to all country offices in the region; 25-35% travel.
Commitment to Save the Children values.
Two years of relevant experience at regional level in a similar capacity.
Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Administrative support
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2015-11-03