Technical Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. In the U.S., the IRC supports newly arrived refugees admitted to the United States by providing initial basic support and a wide array of extended services through a network of staff members and volunteers, enabling refugees to establish new lives and become self-sufficient, integrated citizens.
The International Rescue Committee will implement a Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Assistance (META) program designed to build the capacity of refugee service providers nationwide to improve and strengthen their practices in data collection, management and analysis while also enabling key refugee resettlement stakeholders to take concrete steps to improve the environment for evidence-driven programming at the policy level. The META project will utilize the latest technological advances and trend in outreach and e-learning to achieve its goal of developing evidence-based programming to achieve high impact in the lives of refugees in the US.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Technical Advisor (TA) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of META project activities, and will spearhead extensive external outreach efforts to build capacity to use data driven monitoring and evaluation knowledge and tools to improve programming across a national network of refugee service providers. The position will be responsible for managing the project team, coordinating with stakeholders, and reporting on outcomes. The Technical Advisor reports to the Deputy Vice President for US Programs, who manages the Research and Learning Unit.
- Ensure timely implementation and quality assurance of META project deliverables with high quality
- Responsible for implementing effective project tracking, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide advice, training, and referrals to refugee service providers in the area of data driven monitoring and evaluation
- Establish and coordinate national working group to identify and act on policy-level priorities
- Oversee the coordination of the development and maintenance of the META website as well as the META listserv in order to ensure regular updates to content and material
- Oversee the rollout of multimedia materials, including webinars and other tools, which address the needs of ORR service providers
- Ensure high quality customer services systems are in place with timely, quality response to technical assistance requests.
- Responsible for development and delivery of all reports to donor and responding to donor inquiries and requests
- Recruit, train and supervise META program staff, consultants and interns
- Regularly report on project progress and concerns to USP leadership and stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned and needed for successful project implementation.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field required , advanced degree strongly preferred;
- Minimum 7 years progressive work experience in the non-profit field, or other related industry
- Substantial expertise in data-driven monitoring and evaluation
- Proven project and grant management skills;
- Experience in web-based facilitation and training
- Strong written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners;
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
- Solid computer skills: facility with Microsoft Office, email/internet, and webinar/communications software.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXN0cmlkLm1hdGhldy4wODQ2OS4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2015-12-22