Women Protection and Empowerment Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of Gender-based Violence, Livelihoods, WASH and Heath reaching more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Director Programs (IRC Somalia), the Women's Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Coordinator is a key member of the Somalia country Senior Management Team (SMT). The WPE Program Coordinator is the senior most technical and program expert on WPE programming within the Somalia program, and provides leadership, guidance, coordination and technical support to IRC's GBV programs throughout Somalia. As a member of a larger research team, the WPE Program Coordinator also is responsible to ensure safe and effective implementation of current and subsequent research projects in the WPE program.
The WPE Program Coordinator will provide regular technical support and field-based monitoring visits to WPE teams working in Mogadishu, Garowe and Galkayo to ensure that all interventions are technically sound, take into account international best practices, and are appropriately meeting the needs of survivors in target communities. S/He will be required to work in collaboration with other technical coordinators, the Grants unit, field-based teams, and local partner to ensure that program activities are implemented according to approved work plans, congruent with the Somalia country program strategic plan, and in accordance with the IRC program framework.
Areas of Responsibilities:
· Work with the program staff to develop proposals and work plans to guide implementation of approved WPE grants. Support the field teams in the implementation and monitoring of the work plans ensuring that activities reflect the commitments IRC made to the donor and the community;
· In collaboration with WPE program staff, the Technical Advisor and the Deputy Director - Programs, oversee WPE programming in Somalia through regular monitoring and evaluation;
· Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place with associated information sharing protocols for GBV analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy
· Ensure effective team communication and support between team members based in Nairobi and the three field sites, including opportunities for debriefing and staff care;
· Provide guidance and technical support to sector-specific design and implementation through regular field visits.
· Work with the program teams to ensure that field experiences are documented and used to advocate on behalf of the communities with which we work;
Support partnerships on GBV programming with Local Non-Governmental Organications
Human Resource management:
· Assist with the recruitment of GBV staff, in coordination with HR and the field and program management
· In collaboration with the respective Field Coordinators (FCs), provide technical performance management (setting of objectives, appraisals and development plans) Work with the respective FCs in ensuring transition planning and capacity building of WPE staff.
Finance, Budget and Grant Management:
· Work with the field teams in the development of WPE program budgets and spending plans and any other grants as may be required;
· Overall responsible for WPE program budgets. Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans and develop remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized.
· Work closely with the field teams to ensure diligence in grants utilization
· Work with the Grants Coordinator to ensure all WPE grants are in compliance with donor guidelines and contracts/ agreements including budget flexibility and reporting requirements.
Strategy and Business Development:
· Oversee the finalization of the WPE sector strategy and subsequent reviews;
· Identify gaps in existing WPE programs and work with the team to develop innovative approaches and mechanisms to address them.
· Work on new and potential opportunities for programming in WPE in line with country program strategic plan
· Participate in the design and development of new programs or initiatives within the country program as required
Required qualification /experience & Competencies:
· MA/S or equivalent in health (MPH), social science, humanities or other related degree;
· At least 2 years experience in direct service provision for survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence with a focus on case management and clinical care;
· Experience with remote management;
· Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
· Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods, community development and partnership
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated effective coordination and networking skills
· Proven experience managing multiple funding sources, producing donor proposals and reports
· Excellent written and oral English skills
· Excellent computer skills in programs such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response,
· Experience working with Somalia populations in the region
· Experience working with UN cluster structures and GBV sub-clusters
We consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci44NjQyMS4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20