15-996: Program Manager
15-996: Program Manager
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of ****Program Manager**** in the Ukraine.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps followed a multi-sectoral needs assessment in Mariupol and Donetsk in January 2015 with the Emergency Protection Program to address the needs of the conflict-affected populations in the eastern Ukraine. The program funded by USAID/OFDA covers three key areas, - protection services, particularly child protection, gender-based violence (GBV), and psychosocial support (PSS) services. The intervention was designed to address the immediate needs of approximately 100,000 individuals in Donetsk and Kharkiv oblasts by increasing access to quality protection services, while also supporting capacity-building of local actors to ensure sustained delivery of the vital services for the long-term. As of the end of September 2015, International Medical Corps began an OFDA winterization project as well as two new WHO-sponsored mobile medical team projects in addition to its ongoing OFDA GBV and PSS focused program.
The Program Manager will work together with International Medical Corps field teams, partners in Eastern Ukraine regions to oversee OFDA and WHO programming and staff, support day-to day program activities, actively participate in the new business development, and coordinate programming with staff, donors and other actors.
****ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES****
- Lead development and implementation of programs.
- Supervise the program team.
- Provide technical support to ensure high quality of programming and services, exceeding minimum competencies for staff and minimum standards for activities.
- Identify program gaps, areas of growth, and strategies and support in adapting program design to effectively meet beneficiary needs, the changing context, and other factors.
- Lead and participate in regular strategy and program planning workshops for programs and the organization, including grant opening, mid-term review, and grant closing.
- Manage development and monitoring of program spending plans, workplans, and procurement and staffing plans to ensure progress against targets and spending by budget.
- Ensure management of resources for fulfillment of program deliverables and commitments for objectives and indicators and accountability to donor requirements.
- Build accountability system, including incorporation of feedback mechanisms for staff and beneficiaries, into program.
- Lead capacity-building strategy for program team, to ensure strong level of professional development and team-building, including the development of national managers/counterparts and addressing any team dynamic issues or concerns.
- Build technical and component management capacity of supervised staff.
- Plan and coordinate closely with support teams for effective operational and administration support for programming.
- Lead preparation and compilation of internal and external program reports.
- Lead development of proposals in collaboration with the Technical Unit and desk.
- Lead recruitment of new staff and program start-up in new sites as necessary.
- Ensure record retention of program files and documentation as per program management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data.
- Report to the program team and/or direct supervisor as needed on important issues that are cross-cutting, have urgent implications, and/or require supervisor feedback and decision-making.
- Support strategy to build prevention and community-based mechanisms for Protection prevention and response.
- Support program teams to build referral mechanisms to link beneficiaries, particularly vulnerable individuals and groups, to services, through service mapping, referral workshops, and SOPs.
- Ensure appropriate identification/selection, program support, and capacity-building of local partners, including program technical review of partnership agreements.
- Participate in internal coordination meetings between teams and build strong coordination with other sectors.
- Support link between program teams and regional/headquarters technical advisors to facilitate technical support and consistency of program standards.
- Support regular bilateral coordination meetings with other actors, including with potential and existing local partners.
- Represent programs in external coordination fora.
- Identify and advocate on key program concerns and share patterns and trends in coordination fora.
- Support in building referral mechanisms and Protection mainstreaming within other sectors and service providers.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Coordinate with technical staff and headquarters to ensure quality review and timely submission of donor reports for all current programs
“Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.”
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
- Degree in management/organizational development/humanitarian work/international relations or other relevant field
- Previous NGO experience required with demonstrated experience in emergency or conflict-related programming utilizing international guidelines
- Experience in protection and healthcare programming
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and frustration
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language a plus.
How to apply: Please go to: Program Manager and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-11-23