Education and Child Protection Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 6 Months
Location: Donbas Region (Government Control areas) (with travels to other locations, including non-government controlled areas)
Manage the start-up of the Education and Child Protection programme in the Government Controlled area (GCA) of Donetsk. In close coordination with the Child Protection and Education Managers in Non-Government Controlled areas of East Ukraine, and the Government Control Area Department of Education, maximise the impact of Save the Children's support for the re-establishment and stepped improvement of quality education in Government Control Area Donetsk.
Reporting to the Area Manager Donetsk, Design, coordinate, deliver and monitor Save the Children's combined Education - Child Protection programme from Donetsk, Government Control Area Ukraine. The role requires both coordination and technical leadership at the Donetsk level, overseeing the delivery of Save the Children International and Partners' Education Child Protection emergency response, supporting vulnerable children and their families in Donetsk.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in child protection and education programmes.
- Strong technical understanding of child protection, child participation and community based approaches
- Strong understanding of education in emergencies and how CP and Education can work as a single team.
- Ability to identify the gaps in child protection in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
- Experience of and commitment to working through local government systems and ensuring community participation and accountability.
- Demonstrable experience in project management with good planning and strategy development skills.
Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external stakeholders.
Experience in designing and facilitating training and capacity building.
Previous experience working for Save the Children in emergency response.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Commitment to upholding Save the Children's Child Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'SRehman.email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: Mid level
- Legal - International Law
- Legal - Broad
- Social studies
- Human Rights
- Education and Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Civil Society
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2015-11-10