Emergency Response Field office manager
Dar es Salaam
SHORT TERM CAREER OPPORTUNITY
TITLE: Emergency Response Field Office Manager in Kasulu, Kigoma
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 26 years. We're working with government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition and provide healthcare, shelter and food for vulnerable children. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and result oriented individual with strong commitment to promotion of children's rights and protection to fill the following positions
Duration: 7 months from 1st December 2015 to 30st June 2016
The Field office manager will be deployed to manage a regional (Kigoma area) response in the NW of Tanzania, and to provide operational support and direction to the country programme in collaboration with the Emergency Response Program manager and Country Director. The Field office manager is responsible for identifying needs and resources and elaborating programme recommendations for the emergency response in line with Save the Children national and global priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience of working within a management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience in managing an emergency response program at local level with limited facilities.
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in middle-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Education: MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience)
- Management experience of multi-national, multi-sector team.
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including for example ECHO, DFID and SIDA) of USD 1m+ in a first phase response at regional or country level
- Experience of national or local level representation with key stakeholders, and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Experience of media representation and advocacy
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with local partners and institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please visit http://tanzania.savethechildren.net/jobs and apply as instructed. Only submit cover letter and recent Curriculum Vitae in a single file.
Do not attach any certificate at this stage, applications with certificates attachment shall not be considered.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Grade: Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2015-11-08