LRFP-9121855-CONSULTANCY FOR WASH AND NUTRITION FOR REDUCED STUNTING
Scope of Work
*1)*Goal and Objective:Under the supervision of the Regional WASH and Nutrition Advisers,UNICEF Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO), the consultant will review best practice in joint WASH-Nutrition programming in order to provide practical programme guidance to country offices in the region. They will also evaluate the donor landscape at global and regional levels and develop appropriate generic funding proposals.
*2)*Reference to RWP areas covered:This assignment is specified in the RWP deliverable reference 184.108.40.206.
*3)*Activities and Tasks: The consultant will be expected to:
· Undertake a thorough review of current global guidance (from UNICEF, the World Bank, USAID, ACF etc.) and tools for WASH-Nutrition joint programming;
· Consult with UNICEF staff in country offices, regional offices and headquarters to determine what guidance is needed;
· Review relevant project documentation (plans, reports etc.) to synthesise lessons learnt from joint WASH-Nutrition programming in select countries;
- Interrogate the programme theory guiding joint interventions and undertake a bottleneck analysis on constraints faced in joint programming, especially from the perspective of country offices in the region;
- Develop a practical toolkit entailing joint WASH-Nutrition planning, co-ordination, programme design, means of measurement, implementation, M&E and documentation;
- Undertake a scoping of the donor landscape at global and regional levels to identify potential donors and funding sources for joint WASH-Nutrition programming;
- Develop generic funding proposals that include key elements of WASH-Nutrition linkages, including a draft results framework (these may be adapted from existing joint funding proposals); and
· Facilitate a series of workshops and webinars in which consensus is built at CO level on the tools, guidance and proposals developed by the consultant to guide joint programming.
*4)*Responsibilities: The consultant will be expected to take the initiative in contacting key sector stakeholders and sourcing appropriate literature as part of the review exercise. They will also be expected to form productive working relationships with key staff in specific country offices.
The consultant will travel to Nairobi within one week of contract signing to develop a detailed work plan and discussions with the WASH and Nutrition teams.
Monthly performance review and telephone (Skype) updates will be required. Frequent missions to Nairobi will be required for in-depth reviews of progress. Visits to select countries in the region will also be required as advised by the regional advisers.
Sealed Proposals are invited for the provision of services as specified in this Request for Proposal (LRFP)
This LRFP document comprises Terms of Reference.
The Technical proposal to be put in envelop No 1 (MARKED "TECHNICAL PROPOSAL") and Financial Proposal to put in envelop No 2 (MARKED "FINANCIAL PROPOSAL") and then both put in one bigger envelope CLEARLY MARKED on the outside with the LRFP Number and returned to the above address on or before 14.11.2015 AT 11.00A.M. HRS (East Africa Time). Hand-delivered proposals are to be placed in the bid/tender box located at Block "D" door No 107, UN Complex, Gigiri OR sent by courier to UNICEF KCO- SUPPLY,UN GIGIRI COMPLEX,P.O Box 44145-00100
Nairobi,Kenya.ATTENTION :SAMAYOG KARMACHARYA
UNSEALED PROPOSALS, OFFERS WITH CORRECTIONS NOT COUNTERSIGNED OR PROPOSALS SENT BY FAX OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1) Offers against this Request for Proposal must be made in accordance with the Instructions contained within this Request for Proposal and the attached Form of Offer must be completed and signed by an authorized representative of your company.
2) This Request for Proposal is subject to the Specific Instructions/Terms and Conditions and Special Notes and Conditions contained herein.
3) Any contract resulting from this Request for Proposal will be governed by UNICEF's General Terms & Conditions and any other Specific Terms & Conditions as detailed within this Request for Proposal.
Proposals will not be considered unless returned in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the Request for Proposal Number. They are to be addressed only to the Supply Section at the address indicated herein. In all correspondence the proposer must refer to the Request for Proposal number indicated above.
Any request for additional information regarding this RFP should be forwarded in the Suppliers own envelope with reference to this proposal in order that the letter may be opened in the normal course of business. This letter should be addressed to the attention of the Procurement Specialist indicated on the first page of this invitation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Health and Health Service
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Closing Date: 2015-11-14