Director of Finance & Accounting
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are seeking a D.C.-based Director of Finance & Accounting for Agribusiness Systems International (ASI), a supporting institution of ACDI/VOCA that manages its own finances, portfolio of programs and operations. While ASI works closely with ACDI/VOCA both technically and logistically, we are an independent company with a small staff size that must be multi-functional and adaptive. This position is a vital role within ASI that has overall responsibility for all corporate financial management, accounting, and financial stewardship for the organization.
• Oversees treasury management of all ASI funds, including cash management, bank account management, and banking partner relationships.
• Produce financial and administrative reports on a special request basis to allow the president to monitor operations, identify business risks and generate pertinent information sufficient to direct needed action.
• Develop and monitor corporate annual budget.
• Develop, improve and issue timely financial records for President to include but no limited to bi-weekly cash flow reports, monthly consolidated Project Status financial report
• Design, implement, and maintain effective internal controls for ASI’s HQ and overseas offices.
• Supervise and participate in the posting, balancing and reconciliation of the general ledger and subsidiary journals. Investigate and resolve accounting variances and anomalies.
• Recommend, design and implement changes in accounting policies and procedures and account code definitions as necessary to align with organizational goals
• Overseas payroll management and reviews payroll journals
• Oversee consolidation of monthly field financial data and assist project accountants with problem solving of field financial issues.
• Review and approve all travel/credit card expense reports
• Prepare data required for annual IRS form 990 return as well as 1099’s
• Prepare yearend corporate financial report ready for submission to Auditors as well as to ACDI/VOCA for consolidation.
• Prepare any contract-specific annual reports for contracts subject to audit requirements
• Oversee financial management and financial reporting of all contracts, ensuring accurate, timely and complete recording and reporting of all transactions in compliance with ASI policies and donor/client requirements.
Administration and Supervision
• Supervise field and project accounting operations.
• Participate in hiring and supervising field project accounting staff.
• Travels to field offices to conduct internal controls reviews as required.
• Provide training for field accounting staff on policies, procedures, advanced accounting concepts, and the establishment of effective internal control systems.
A master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other related field; with a minimum of seven years’ work experience in corporate accounting and finance is required. International development experience preferred. Candidates must have advanced knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise. Candidates must also have demonstrated knowledge of designing and rolling out integrated accounting platforms that support a global, multi-user, multi-currency organization. Fluency in English required. French and/or Spanish language skills desired. The ability and willingness to travel internationally is required.
Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/jobs or respond with résumé, cover letter and salary history to Attn: HR/SLD, 50 F Street NW, Suite 1000, Washington, D.C., 20001 or fax +1 202 469 6255. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-11-26