Cash and Distribution Manager (Winterization)
Danish Refugee Council is advertising for Cash and Distribution Manager (Winterization), who will be responsible for the management of all non-food items (NFI)/ core relief items (CRI) distributions organised from the Baghdad office (covering various governorates around Baghdad where security allows). This position is created to be able to quickly respond to the needs of Internally Displaced Persons in and around Baghdad where it relates to Winterisation/ Climatisation. With the approaching winter both in kind and cash distributions are planned and scheduled for.
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Being operational in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in South Central. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH and Shelter.
The Iraq programme presently employs about 400 national staff and 40 international staff, and is expanding in responds to the current emergency through funding from various donors.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Organize distributions of cash and NFI/CRI items in accordance with the agreed standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to the procurement of pre-determined climatisation items where relevant and necessary.
- Ensure that the entire implementation falls within the pre-determined monitoring and transparency framework and progress is effectively monitored through the regular collection and analysis of key indicators and ensure that processes and results are properly documented;
- Ensure that internal and external qualitative and analytical reporting requirements are met, including monthly, quarterly and annual narrative reports, in line with the internal DRC and donor requirement using the required format and with review and input from technical advisors and program implementation department;
- Support, train and improve local staff capacities on distributions standards.
- Build capacities of potential national staff at National Management position.
- Ensure distributions are conducted in a transparent and accountable manner;
- Contribute to the accurate assessment and mapping of households in need in the area of operations and the regular review of registration data and critical analysis of data compared to actual population, and identification of any discrepancies between registration and actual population
- In coordination with the logistics unit, organize timely delivery of cash distribution and transportation of supplies to activity sites in the camps and disputed areas;
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan, and a copy of the review and minutes of the meeting are discussed with the Head of Office and shared with Grants Manager, Finance Manager and Head of programs.
- Under the supervision of the HoO - and in close coordination with the Cash and Emergency Coordinators as appropriate - recruit, provide supervision and coaching/on the job training of the distribution project staff, and undertake appraisal form when appropriate;
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to distribution staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation;
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with DRC’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donors requirements and international protection guidelines;
- Contribute to the development of proposals to secure follow on or expansion funding for the distribution portfolio as per identified needs;
- Contribute to refining of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools, and to the harmonization of distribution methodologies and tools across the country;
- Coordinate closely with the protection and livelihood programs to ensure the harmonization of approaches to cash and core relief items programming across the sectors
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners -NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts;
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to distribution is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods;
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of protection and AGD mainstreaming into DRC distribution programming also using a community based approach;
- Coordinate with relevant national and international actors and actively participate in relevant working groups and other meetings in the DM’s area of operations
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports for HoO and other colleagues as needed
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Office.
- University degree or higher education relevant to humanitarian work: Business Administration with preferably specialization in procurement/ stores or related field;
- Significant professional or practical knowledge of Cash and NFI/CRI distribution strategies, policies and implementation modalities
- Cultural and gender sensitivity, adaptability – flexibility
- Willingness to work hard, go the extra mile and contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Proven experience of at least 4 years in humanitarian programming, preferably in an emergency or early recovery setting involving Cash and NFI/CRI distributions(design, managing and monitoring)
- Experience in international humanitarian work and refugee and/or complex IDP emergencies
- Experience of working in fragile and insecure environments
- Experience with managing teams and providing technical guidance, training and on the job capacity building
- Prior professional procurement experience an asset.
Duty station: position is based in Baghdad, with frequent travel to Diyala, Karbala and Najaf
Contract: 6 months contract. Salary and conditions in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies. The position will be placed at salary level A12.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk. If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than twenty five countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The protection and assistance to conflict affected population is provided within a long-term, regional and rights-based approach in order to constitute a coherent and effective response to the challenges posed by today’s conflicts. Assistance consists of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation, support to return and repatriation as well as promotion of long-term solutions to displacement and its causes. In addition, support and capacity building of local and national authorities and NGOs form an integral part of DRC’s work.
Applications Deadline: 11 November 2015
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Baghdad
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2015-11-11