FIRST AID FIELD OFFICER - SOMALIA
All | Mogadishu
International Committee of the Red Cross
Denis Pritt Road
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi
00200 – Kenya
E-mail address: email@example.com
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC Somalia delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and motivated person to fill the position of:
****FIRST AID FIELD OFFICER.****
The First aid field officer will facilitate the implementation of the first aid training program in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations. He/She will be required to travel all over Somalia.
- · Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the program including content, structure and follow-up visits,
- · Facilitates and provides first aid training in the communities, armed forces and other weapon bearers and selected groups participating in the training,
- · Assists in the technical supervision and training of Emergency First Aid Teams including monitoring skills levels and retraining as required,
- · Collaborates with Somalia red crescent society to ensure a coherent standardised and quality programme is being presented to the participants,
- · Provides orders (ROs) for first aid requirements, monitors stocks and reorders in a timely manner,
- · Assists in updating first aid training data,
- · Actively participates in the collection and analysis of statistical data in relation to the first aid program,
- · Provides a written report with recommendations following all first aid training programs including emergency first aid teams, training of trainers, community and armed forces,
- · Contributes to Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Health Reports and other reporting as requested.
- First aid knowledge with a valid first aid certificate,
- University degree in Social Sciences[ICRC1], Medical or paramedical discipline,
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken. Somali an asset,
- Good computer skills including,
- 3-4 years professional experience in same or similar field activities,
- Confirmed leadership and management experience,
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels regardless of the audience,
- Initiative, organized, methodical and flexible personality, strong humanitarian motivation, capacity to work independently, very good analytical skills, ability to travel in all parts of Somalia .
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resource Department of Somalia Delegation on the above mentioned address, before 9th November 2015.Indicate the position title on the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: All | Mogadishu
- Grade: Mid level
- Medical Practitioners
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-11-09