Logistics Manager - Rwanda
Reporting to the Director Program Operations the Logistics Manager in Kigali will coordinate and provide effective logistics support to Save the Children's programmes in Rwanda, being responsible for the Supply Chain, Proper Management of assets and stocks, ensuring a proper Procurement Management in compliance with SCI’s SOPs and Policies.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Build the capacity and train logistics staff in all necessary logistics procedures and systems including procurement, warehousing, fleet, communications, transport, and security.
- Coordinate and supervise the use of back-up generators in offices and houses and ensure compliance with maintenance schedules and Save the Children policies and guidelines.
- Ensure logistics staff effectively plan and carry out assignments.
- Regular coordination meetings, planning, systems development and training, and day-to-day follow-up of logistics functions
· Identify clear, effective and appropriate domestic supply chain to ensure the demanding needs of programmes are met.
· Work with the Logisitics Coordinator on the most efficient purchases which need to be done inside Rwanda, ensuring that procurement is appropriate and cost effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, the nature of Save the Children programmes and the need for timely delivery.
· Ensure that the minimum standards and logistics policies of Save the Children are implemented and adhered to throughout the programme and procurement is carried out in line with donor requirements and that any exceptions or waivers are addressed with the Save the Children member liaison and appropriate approval channels.
· Work with the Finance/Grants manager to reinforce the importance throughout the teams of transparency and accountability in all aspects of logistics.
- Coordinate the deployment of Rwanda office fleet (vehicles, bus and motorcycles) and ensure compliance with maintenance schedules and Save the Children’s vehicle and driver policy and guidance.
· Implement fleet management system
· Train drivers on safety regulations
Assets and stocks
- Ensure proper management of all programme assets in line with Save the Children and donors’ procedures and policies.
- Ensure efficient management of transport by road of all staff and visitors coming to Rwanda.
- Coordinate supply chain planning (plan, source, procure, transport, store and dispatch), ensuring necessary authorisations are secured where required.
- Manage supplies and ensure stock reception, storage and dispatch controls are in place and effectively used, ensuring supplies are reaching end users in an efficient, accountable and cost-effective manner
- Ensure proper management of Save the Children insurance contracts (fleet, asset, house, etc.)
- Contribute to new proposal budgeting on logistics aspects.
- Ensure that all procurement is done in an appropriate, timely and transparent manner as per Save the Children’s policies and procedures and internal audit requirements.
Management and Capacity Building
· Manage and support logistics staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, management of performance and to brief and support relevant staff as required.
· Identify learning and training opportunities for project staff, including on the job training.
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· Perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Relevant degree or masters in logistics ,*supply chain, procurement*or related field
- Logistics management with international experience or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Logistics sector
- Experience of working in emergencies, preferably in the relevant region.
- Experience of procurement, warehousing, stock control and transport and distribution of goods.
- Vehicle fleet management experience.
- Experience of using HF & VHF radio systems, satellite phones and communications procedures in an emergency setting
- High awareness of security considerations, with the ability to develop plans for security/evacuation procedures
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to prioritise and cope with large amounts of work under pressure.
- The ability to work closely within a team and to improvise and work in an atmosphere that can be stressful.
· Knowledge of the context in Rwanda.
Applications should be submitted at HR-Rwanda@savethechildren.org on or before 09th**November 2015**
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2015-11-09