New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
OPEN FOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No: VN 2015/ 10
Duty Station:IOM NEW YORK, USA
Position Title:IT Assistant
Classification:Employee, Grade 4, Full Time – 100%
Starting date:15 December 2015
Type of Appointment:One year with the possibility of extension* (6 months - probation period)
Organizational Location:IOM NEW YORK
Only US citizens and residents may apply.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Officer, the incumbent will provide IT level-1 support services for local IOM NYC office users and remote office users in North America region. Incumbent will also assist in providing level-2 support in configuration, maintenance and support of IT systems and services hosted in IOM North America offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level-1 IT Helpdesk support for local users in NYC office and remote users in IOM’s offices located in North America.
- Assist in providing level-2 IT support in installation, configuration, maintenance and support for IT systems and services hosted in NYC data center and IT equipment located in remote offices. Monitor and troubleshoot their operational capacity and usage.
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment and software. Assist in procuring and contracting of IT equipment, software and services
- Work partially in afternoon shift, if required, to provide support for users in West-coast time-zone offices.
- Maintain logs and assist in writing other documents in relation to IT systems and services
- Assist in providing secure and encrypted data communication channels for remote offices. Monitor and troubleshoot VPN site-to-site tunnels and SSL VPN remote user sessions. Deploy and monitor various IT security software like firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Monitor and provide level-1 support for Email system and services, assist in their maintenance, troubleshooting and support
- Provide level-1 and level-2 support, conduct user trainings for desktop tools, audio and video conferencing equipment
- Maintain backup logs and perform daily backup system duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Creativity and Initiative
Leadership and Negotiation
Planning and Organizing
Desirable qualifications and experience:
• Secondary school degree is required. University Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of academic qualifications, industry recognized certifications from Microsoft, Cisco and ITIL will be an advantage.
• Two or more years of proven experience on end user technical support
• Two or more years of proven experience supporting and monitoring network and systems
• Ability to work under pressure, managing workload priorities including complex issues and competing priorities
• Team oriented individual eager to share and receive knowledge and experience from team mates
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and instructions to non-technical end-users
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
• Excellent communication skills.
Fluent English (written and oral)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to Mr. Dusan Gajic at email@example.com by 14 November 2015 referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 14 November 2015
IOM New York
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2015-11-14