Performance Management Analyst
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Performance Management Analyst, based in our Regional Bureau in Dakar, Senegal for an initial period of 6 weeks.
The large number of WFP national staff that participated in the Ebola Response has provided an opportunity to understand and evaluate their performance in their functions and responsibilities. In this regard the HR HQ / RBD intend to conduct an exercise to capture the relevant information on their performance through a systematic approach.
To analyze the performance of national staff who have been deployed to the Ebola emergency through a review of completed performance assessment forms and through one on one interviews/surveys. Key outcomes will be:
1) the identification of capable staff for the next emergency,
2) identification of development and training areas of staff who are/will be deployed in emergency operations
3) analysis of the overall performance of national staff in the Ebola emergency.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Regional HR Officer, the Performance Management Analyst will be responsible for the following key duties:
· Refining of a tool to collect, and analyse information on staff performance after deployment in emergencies.
· Preliminary analysis of Quality Assessment Reports (QARs) in preparation of the surveys.
· Conduct interviews/surveys with supervisors of national staff members who have been deployed.
· Analysis of surveys.
· Writing report on outcome of this analysis, including:
1/ the identification of capable staff for the next emergency,
2/ identification of development and training areas of staff who are/will be deployed in emergency operations,
3/ analysis of the overall performance of national staff in the Ebola emergency.
· Draft recommendations for the QAR structure/questionnaire and for improvement of systems to methodically collect QARs.
· Other as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- At least five years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Performance Management with focus on international humanitarian development.
- Field and/or Emergency experience would be an asset.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques, and process.
- Knowledge of WFP emergency operations is an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts, managers and staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to draft clear concise reports or rationale for human resources purposes.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French will be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 11 November 2015
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-11-11