Director of Human Resources
New York City | Washington D.C
Duration : Permanent
Start date : ASAP
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
guiding, managing and defining strategies for the HR Department, both for the field and New York Headquarters (HQ), providing leadership and supervision to department members, working with Action Against Hunger International, and being an active and constructive member of the senior management team.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Contributes to the organization management and strategic direction as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Oversees the management of the HR department and leads the definition/implementation of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align workforce with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Ensures Risk Management policies are followed and periodically reviewed.
- Leads and monitors the implementation of performance management system in both the New York HQ and Country Offices.
- Manages the recruitment and retention of HQ staff and expatriate staff in the field.
- Keeps HQ and Country Offices policies and procedures up-to-date with legal changes and new organizational requirements.
Does this description fit you?
You’re a strategic thinker
- You have the ability to think strategically assessing options and actions based on trends and conditions in the work environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
- You have demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides the organization leadership and direction.
You’re a people-person
- You have excellent interpersonal and coaching skills, demonstrated ability to manage and develop employee’s life cycle.
- You have the ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels and from all disciplines.
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to listen with intention, getting all information you needed to fully understand what others want to say.
- You have experience working nationally and internationally with HR networks and other organizations.
You’re passionate about working in the humanitarian sector
- You have at least 10 years’ progressive HR experience, with 5 years in a senior supervisory role, within an international organization, ideally one providing humanitarian aid.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to:
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: New York City | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-11-30