Communications and outreach manager, Human Resources for Health
Chemonics seeks a communications and outreach manager to support USAID's Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) global project. HRH2030 supports USAID/Washington and field missions in strengthening human resources for health in 42 priority countries. The project aims to improve the performance and productivity of the health workforce, increase the numbers and skill mix of the health workforce, strengthen leadership and governance capacity in human resources for health and health systems strengthening, and boost sustainable investments in the health workforce.
The communications and outreach manager will support HRH2030 up to 60 percent of his/her time, with the remaining time dedicated to Chemonics’ health practice. The manager will work closely with the HRH2030 project team to support HRH2030’s external communications and outreach goals. A strong writer with sound judgment, the manager will lead HRH2030 communication and outreach initiatives under the mentorship and oversight of a director. She/he will also understand and promote HRH2030 and its goals, write high-quality content for Chemonics' and external outlets, and manage the daily administration of digital communication channels. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead communication and outreach initiatives and planning under the mentorship of a director, working closely with HRH2030 project leadership
- Develop a strong understanding of HRH2030 project goals and strategies and ensure they are integrated into communications and outreach activities
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge management and communications strategy for HRH2030 and lead strategy implementation to support project objectives
- Identify, research, and write useful and engaging content about HRH2030 for target audiences onChemonics' Intranet, social media, and industry or mainstream news outlets
- Interview executives and senior technical experts to create content for external audiences
- Manage daily administration of HRH2030 digital communication channels, primarily external
- Support the Health Practice team in providing communications expertise by supporting internal and external communications and developing content for Chemonics' Intranet, social media, and other news outlets
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree in communications, marketing, international development, or a related field preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in strategic communications or a related field
- Experience in developing communications for a health project preferred
- Ability to connect individual communications activities or products to higher-level strategies and goals
- Ability to write story-driven content about complex technical subjects and projects that engages target audiences and enhances the project and company's image, with an appropriate level of director supervision
- Sensitivity to diverse audiences and demonstrated good judgment about messaging
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with HRH2030 project leadership, executives, senior technical experts, and a variety of staff around the world
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Working knowledge of uses and administration of popular social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, and YouTube) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop required
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Apply through our Career Center at https://www1.apply2jobs.com/Chemonics/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.SearchJobs by November 13, 2015. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
- Organization: Chemonics
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Health service
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2015-11-13