Head of project WASH
zalhe | Beirut
ACF is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for ACF in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
- In coordination and under the supervision of the WASH Coordinator, technical coordination and implementation of WASH Emergency interventions focused on providing humanitarian assistance to over 20,000 refugee families affected by the Syrian conflict hosted in the Eastern of Lebanon- Bekaa Valley.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to implement the activities according to international WASH standards, project cycle management tools and ACF WASH technical policy.
- Co-Lead the WASH team along with the WASH Coordinator.
- Monitor activities and ensure correct and timely implementation and achievement of proposed outcomes.
- Represent ACF Lebanon in WASH technical working groups and interact with relevant donors on specific project related issues and general WASH activities planned by the agency.
- Contribute significantly to the design of future ACF WASH interventions in the country together with Mission Management Team, logistic and administrator.
- Technical advice and guidance on WASH projects
- Responsible of the implementation of emergency interventions featuring latrine construction and rehabilitation
- Ensure that all the steps of the project are agreed with local authorities, partners and all other stakeholders
- Ensure adequate coordination of field team
- Project(s) coordination
- Revise and coordinate work plans against project outcomes and results
- Provide adequate reporting to supervisors and donors when required
- Provide timely ad hoc information when required by supervisors and donors
- Participation to stakeholders’ coordination
- Ensure and maintain the working relationship with the local partner/local communities
- Participate in meetings with the relevant stakeholders
- Represent ACF in working groups, discussion fora and inter-agency WASH coordination meetings as required
- Reporting and Capitalisation
- Reporting monthly activities and preparing internal (APR) and donor regular reports on the on-going project.
- Provide relevant input to concept paper
- Capitalize all the project experiences and lessons learnt
- Admin/Finance/Log (in coordination with Log/Admin)
- Contribute to the supervision and control of expenses related with the activities of the project (procurement planning)
- Ensure the application of the log/kit forms and procedures pertaining to the supply chain, procurement, transport/movement,
- Supervise specific project (s) budget forecast and follow up
- Participate in the design of new budgets
- Ensure the respect of the mission security rules by his/her team
- Degree and/or Master Degree in water Engineering, Public Health, and International development.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field as project manager or similar (at least 2 years) and preferably with ACF; significant experience in working with local partner, excellent knowledge of project cycle management, experience and technical knowledge in implementing wash emergency intervention
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Spanish (preferable); French (preferable); Arabic (not compulsory but preferable)
- Dynamic, good team player, result oriented and professional humanitarian aid worker with significant experience
- Ability to work in team and step up to leading roles when needed, ability to motivate local teams, to make sure that objectives are met in compliance with donor’s regulations, international standards and good practice
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Duration till 31/12/2015
- Salary: from 1.375€ to 1.750€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of ACF- Spain).
- ACF- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by ACF-E)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of ACF-Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: zalhe | Beirut
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Closing Date: 2015-11-16