Access to Finance Specialist - Malawi
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking an access to finance specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Malawi focused on agricultural value chain development. It is anticipated that the program will sustainably reduce rural poverty and malnutrition through the integration of equitable market-led value chain development and nutrition interventions. This position will be full-time and based in Malawi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve access to finance for underserved areas through advising and assisting financial service providers to design and implement new financial services and products;
- Promote access to finance for youth and women in rural areas of Malawi;
- Structure specific lending to women and the agriculture sector;
- Serve as the principal liaison between financial institutions, including banks, microfinance institutions, impact investors, and other financial service providers;
- Work with international consultants and local project staff involved in expanding access to finance to ensure quality and timeliness of pertinent deliverables under the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum seven years of experience in banking or financial services;
- Malawi nationals highly encouraged to apply;
- Experience in promoting access to finance for youth and women is desirable;
- Familiarity and experience with international development principles and practices;
- Experience working in Malawi required;
- English fluency required.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Lilongwe
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Development Cooperation
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-12-31