Nutrition Specialist - Malawi
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a nutrition specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Malawi focused on agricultural value chain development. It is anticipated that the program will sustainably reduce rural poverty and malnutrition through the integration of equitable market-led value chain development and nutrition interventions. This position will be full-time and based in Malawi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the overall coordination, implementation, technical guidance and quality of the nutrition component of the program;
- Ensure that the nutrition component utilizes standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, and best practices for nutrition interventions;
- Monitor evolving needs to target beneficiaries and adjust programmatic priorities as needed;
- Support the Chief of Party in liaising with other relevant stakeholders, including the Government of Malawi, international agencies and other NGOs;
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, public health, international development, social sciences or related field required; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum five years of experience in designing, implementing and managing donor-funded programs focused on nutrition interventions;
- USAID or other donor experience required;
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa required; experience in Malawi highly preferred;
- Malawi nationals highly encouraged to apply;
- English fluency required.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Lilongwe (Malawi)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-12-31